Revell La Ferrari 1:24 scale

Hi everyone :yahoo:

Well, for a change I am posting pictures as I actually build a kit and, for once, I have NOT added any lights (like most of the kits I post). I just hope it turns out ok and worthy to be shown on the 'Ready for Inspection' section. I'm still getting used to going fully airbrushing using Acrylics. The results are far superior to hand painting (in my opinion) and cleaning everything is so much easier.

I look forward as always to anyone's opinion and hope to keep you interested in following my build.

Thanks for viewing.

First, the Powerhouse

P1070529 P1070530 P1070532 P1070533

Edited by ukmodeller
Updated links
  • Like 2

Next Stage:

After being without the Internet for the last 5 days, I can now show the next stage of my build.

The body has been undercoated (not sure if I should have bothered as I was not impressed), given one top coat, rubbed down and then several more top coats.

When looking, please remember that it is one of my first builds where I have airbrushed everything possible and if KonaDawg is viewing, I only ask that he closes one eye fully and closes the other eye half way..............ha! ha!

P1070546 P1070545 P1070544 P1070543 P1070542

Edited by ukmodeller
Updated links

Are the black lines on the seats painted or decals? Either way the look very spiffy!

They are decals surprisingly. I'm was not sure they were correct as the instructions are very sketchy and I did not have the Internet at the time, so

I could not go online to check. Having just looked, the black lines should have gone nearer the edges.

Oh well, I think they look ok............and as you agree, I shall leave them be.... :bounce:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking very good UK! Its amazing what you can hide with filters on your camera . By that I mean some of my errors! Your finish looks pretty solid. Not bad for the money is it

Thanks KD. I know what you mean. If I wasn't so honest, maybe I'd go to Photoshop.............alas, I will not learn unless my errors are on show for all to see.

I'm getting near the end now and it still looks nowhere near as good as yours.

And now the tricky bit!

Actually, KD, well, I don't really want to say this but......................the shell went on to the body fairly ok on the final fix.........ha! ha!

The only problem I had was one part at the rear which needed a little bit of coaxing (and a few expletives) and it was on.

TRo be honest, it was probably pure luck as the dry run was touch and go (and I ran out of expletives) as several places refused to conform and came close to having 16 stone and a size 10 to make it co-operate.

Finally finished. Not 100% happy but managed to get a reasonable shine on it (which hardly shows with the camera).

Anyway, a sample of pictures below and, if I'm brave enough, there may be more on the inspection forum. :hanging:

P1070559 P1070561 P1070567 P1070570

Edited by ukmodeller
Updated links
  • Like 1

Like it! Glad the fit was better for you.

Thanks KD. Appreciate that. Maybe I used a lot more expletives than you. My art of the English language frightens the wife and daughters and even frightens me sometimes. Ha! Ha!