Airfix 1/48 Seafire FR46/47.

Hi folk's I have decided on Airfix's Seafire for this tribute, I hope Edgar would approve. This navalised development of his

beloved Spitfire was a million miles away from the early mark,s that held out and later took the fight to the enemy in the war

years, personally I think these later mark,s were the most beautiful Piston engined aircraft to grace the skies and I plan to

finish her in Korean war markings.

airfix%20640x452_zpsclt12j8n.jpg

• Like 7

I'm currently building one I bought from a flying legends year before last, I intend to display with wings folded minus the stripes on the wings. Look forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folks,I was up early this morning due to this lousy cold and to top it all I,ve gone deaf in one ear! Anyway I made a start on this project

and much to my surprise these aircraft had black interiors which makes my level of detailing easy just a dry brush in light gray then! After this

method on the IP I used a pin to scratch a bit of detail onto the clock/dial faces then dropped clear varnish into them,one thing I have decided due

to my lack of skill and tools is to replicate the camera lenses with decal's rather than the cutting out and carving needed on both fuselage sides.

DSCN0962%20640x480_zpssc3wpfcu.jpg

DSCN0964%20640x480_zpsvggmomre.jpg

• Like 9

I like how the IP came out . If i had seen your post a few hours ago i would have given your method a try .

Alistair

Never tried it before Alastair,being Airfix's light blue plastic gave me the idea,I suppose if you primed in white any kit would work.

Morning all,I now have the wings attached and a few other bit,s and bobs added ready for primer,due to the scheme I will leave off the tailplanes

and paint them separately,I,ve painted the components for the big prop and painted the wheels and u/c legs.

DSCN1011%20640x480_zpsumoffzeq.jpg

DSCN1012%20640x480_zpskseqo9on.jpg

• Like 7

Hi all,sorry for the leap in progress I,ve lost my PC after many years of stirling service it,s now Kaput! so here's progress since last week,

which mainly involves the painting of the main airframe,I,m going to give the striped decals a try if it goes pear shape I,ll revert to paint,

DSCN1048_zpsabughplc.jpg

• Like 6

In today's world the loss of a PC and all the data is a difficult situation, sorry to hear that ! At the same time I'm glad to see that the model is taking shape very nicely, good job on the paint scheme

Thank's Giorgio,saved my photos and documents onto my external hard drive just trying to get used to Windows 10 I,m not impressed

with the photo upload/edit function.