Aircraft plans - do you know there are card kits also in 1/33 scale

brooker

I collected thousands of aircraft plans from ex Communist Block modellers magazines up to the end of the time the walls came down.

These are plans of the actual aircraft they represent - not for any interest, but they came in the magazines which had plans of ships and warships, which I was interested in - so I collected them too and also some plans from Engineering Magazines, just after WW1, where UK inspectors inspected German aircraft and reported their findings in the above magazines in interesting detail.

Card kits are available from Russia and Poland in 1/33 scale of most aircraft, especially some WW1 and lots of WW2 and later - the kits come in book form, flat and you have to cut out and assemble the parts according to the diagrams which are provided, although, if you are familiar with plastic or some other building medium, there is no reason why you could not use the parts as patterns, to build in that, instead - however, storage space might eventually be a problem.

I believe that if a card model is constructed strongly enough, it is possible to power it with an electric motor and fly the model - I have, or had, 2 volumes of card aircraft models printed in England, which sold some years ago for really high prices, as memory recalls, somewhere? and they could also be powered by electric motors and fly.

I don't mind looking through my directories of paper aircraft plans and sorting something out with those of you with an interest in specific aircraft which I might have - for modelling use.

Richard