Viking sea chests ... seriously!

belcherbits

OK, this is quite a ways out of my normal areas of expertise, but I am gauging interest in a set of Viking sea chests to use on the Revell 1/50 Longship. When I started this model, I wondered where all the crew sat while rowing, because there are no benches on these ships. Turns out each man had a sea chest where he kept his personal items (like personal grooming kits and spare throat-slitting knives, etc). He sat on this chest to row.
I did some research, found some drawings and have made a set of four different chests (one plain, one with rounded carved top and two with sheepskin throws to protect those delicate Viking rear ends. For a full ship set, you would need sixteen of these sets (64 chests in all).
I am trying to see if there is enough interest in these at say $30 a set of 64 to go ahead and add it to my Belcher Bits line.
Below is a picture of the set (please forgive the abysmal photo, my wife has our good camera at the moment).
Send me an email at [email protected] with your comments.
Thanks
Mike Belcher

http://www.belcherbits.com/images/bitschest.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I only just noticed this Mike and would have thought that this set would be a no brainer for the serious modeller.

Martin