Jaguar GR3a 16(R) Sqn 1/48 Kitty Hawk

After a break of some 30 years from the hobby, I decided to get back to work.

I decided my subjects would be examples of the aircraft I worked on during my time in the RAF.

So, here is my first project from my time on 16® Sqn 2001 to 2004.

Jaguar GR3a XZ392 PF, the Jag display aircraft in its day job. It's in the not often seen LGB self designation role fit.

Sometimes brought out during the heavy weapons phase of the QWI course.

The Kitty Hawk kit took a bit of wrestling to put together, the fit of some parts is not great. Also areas like the wing leading edges and pylons are completely the wrong shape.

I added copious amounts of aftermarket to make up for the kits and my failings.

Here is my first offering on BM.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

• Like 30

Nice work....I have one planned this year too......any particular area to look out for?

Rgds

The engine doors wouldn't fit well on mine, and the intakes required lots of sanding to blend them in.

(RMP2 is currently mid build on one, his engine doors fitted well but his fuselage was very warped).

Accuracy wise, you need to do major surgery to the wing pylons, as the kit one's are the French version, totally wrong for a RAF aircraft. The single drop tank supplied is the wrong shape and of all the stores provided only the BL755 cluster bombs are relevant..

Good luck.

Rob.

The engine doors wouldn't fit well on mine, and the intakes required lots of sanding to blend them in.

(RMP2 is currently mid build on one, his engine doors fitted well but his fuselage was very warped).

Accuracy wise, you need to do major surgery to the wing pylons, as the kit one's are the French version, totally wrong for a RAF aircraft. The single drop tank supplied is the wrong shape and of all the stores provided only the BL755 cluster bombs are relevant..

Good luck.

Rob.

Thanks Rob....I will take the kit out of the stash and have a look see, I never knew that the pylons are totally wrong..........hmmm.......

Rgds

Brian