Trumpeter Customer Service

MickE

Hi all

I am posting my question here as it relates to an armour model and I could not find anywhere more appropriate.

I am currently building Trumpeter's MIM-104 Patriot SAM System and have started applying the decals. However I have had some of them disintegrate when I have tried to move them off the backing paper which is really annoying. This has happened with both sheet A and sheet B. I have sent an e-mail to Trumpeter using the e-mail address on their website. Has anyone dealt with Trumpeter's Customer Service and what are the chances of me actually receiving some replacement decal sheets?

Regards

Mick

Trumpeter will bounce you to your local distributor (if they respond at all).

Your local distributor will refer you to the hobby shop where you bought the kit. They'll either ask you to place the parts request through that hobby shop, or will confirm that they sold that shop the kit in question before they proceed on any parts requests.

If you bought the kit second hand, or from an on-line retailer, you are pretty much out of luck.

Hello.

If you don't get any joy from Trumpeter and decide to continue with the currently-supplied sheets, you could coat the decals in one or two layers of Microscale Decal Film (I believe Hannants still sell it). This should (in theory, at least) stop the decals from falling apart in the water.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Thanks for replying chaps.

ICMF I am going to try and get a set from Azimut but I don't hold out much hope.

Chris, I have some of that stuff and I shall certainly be using it if that is the only alternative.

Mick

I had an issue years ago with a trumpeter 1/24 zero which had a missing undercarriage let. I hadn't noticed until I had built a fair amount of the kit but I emailed them directly and got no reply for about 8 weeks, go I gave up on the kit and put it in the loft. About 3-4 months of sending the email the part turned up

• 2 weeks later...

A LOAD OF POOP! TEN LONG YEARS I'VE WAITED FOR REPLACEMENT DECALS FOR MY 1/32 F-14D and I've given up, that shoddy lot at pocket bond are professional time wasters and this is how good they are at it. Never again will I be bothered to follow there instructions as they just like to waste everyone's time and patience good luck in what ever your venture.

Clive

Edited by SHAR67
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update.

I have e-mailed Azimut twice now and they have not replied to either of them. Has anyone here dealt with them before? Should I bother trying to contact them again or just give up and vow never to buy anything off them again? Mind you they appear to be attending Telford again this year so maybe I should go and do some chest poking at the show!

Mick