Ed Force One 747

Revell is doing a kit of it this year.

Paul Harrison Edit: Pin beat me to it! Shouldhave been writing instead of watching John Wick killing a load of Russian mobsters!

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 3

He reckoned he's a Boeing man "through and through" in one interview, and I was him on a documentary where he was looking at Airbus types and seemed quite uneasy about how some of the systems worked.

Mind you' he's a clever so and so, so yeah, he can probably fly anything with wings!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a nasty prang on the ground - I guess it will be a while before its fully repaired:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35794208/two-injured-after-iron-maiden-plane-gets-damaged-in-chile

Last time I saw them was on the No Prayer On The Road tour. Feeling old now, that was 91....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The kit is available now - has anybody put a hand on it?

My concern is the quality of the moulds as the forms were quite worn out, I'm wondering if Revell cleaned them up

I'm 99.99% sure that they are the same moulds as the earlier civilian releases, meaning most likely they haven't been updated/cleaned up. Revell very seldom improves moulds or creates new ones, which likely holds true with this kit. The selling point, to me, are the decals.

I'm 99.99% sure that they are the same moulds as the earlier civilian releases, meaning most likely they haven't been updated/cleaned up. Revell very seldom improves moulds or creates new ones, which likely holds true with this kit. The selling point, to me, are the decals.

Agreed, I'm just wondering how bad are the moulds. Found an inbox review in German

http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=56862.0

Does not look good

The Revell 747-400 is certainly not on par with actual model kits,but with care and some correction work,it builts up to a nice model of that classic giant.

So far,I built one of Revell's 747-400s,one more in my stash and the "Ed Force One" is on order,should arrive this week.

Here my RFI of the BA Landor -400

Revell Boeing 747-436 BA Landor scheme

I made some corrections to the nose and the wing roots.With the aftermarket detail set for the 747,it can be further detailed,esp. the cockpit window makes a huge difference.

Pin, on 08 Aug 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

There is also a kit from Dragon

Which is worse than the Revell. It's got gimmicky clear inserts to show off the fictitious "internal structure" moulded into the parts. They leave huge gaps which must be filled and only serve to complicate the construction.

I built one

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977364-1144-dragon-boeing-744-virgin-atlantic/

Can't say I prefer Dragon over Revell. Nose shape and wing fairings are slightly better but surface details are non existing, number of engine blades is wrong as well as their shape, landing gear way too simple.

I only mentioned Dragon to state that Revell is not the only game in town even though it is hardly better.

hi

thanks for the informations.

As a total newbie in liners modelling, what would you advise for the windows?

the kit does not give you clear parts.

I plan to fill them all and to depict them with decal.

Is anybody able to advise a decal sheet with windows?

Thanks in advance! and Up the Irons!

Romain

Thank you very much guys!

FCdecals seems great!

unfortunately, authentic decals are not longer available:

http://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Products/D144-BO-11

I checked the revell Ed Force One decals.

In fact they give you rows of window frames, with transparent carrier film.

Is it possible to depict the windows with carrier film?

Thanks again

Romain

Decal carrier film doesn't last very long. It tends to get brittle and crack when there's nothing underneath it. If you want clear windows you'll need to use something like Clearfix or Krystal Clear under the decals to support them.

• Like 1