Su-25 Frogfoot STGB

trickyrich

Ok I know we have had a big run with Jet STGB's and that the STGB calendar is closed until November but Enzo, bless his little heart said we can still come up with Ideas, so....

The Sukhoi Su-25 "Frogfoot"

This is an aircraft that has been in service for close to 35 years and probably been used in conflicts around the would for probably as many years as well, and still is!

A design of the 70's, it made it's first flight in 1975 with series production starting in 1978 before entering service with the Soviet Air Force in 1981. In a few peoples minds it was a design "stolen" from the US...as it shares similar design cues with the Northrop designed YF-9 from the A-X Program, in which the eventual winner was the Fairchild Republic A-10.

It's a popular "Ground Pounder" that has served in 28 countries and is still in front line service with most of them!

There are lots of interesting colour schemes to choose from including some amazing ones from Central Africa.

For me I have a Digital one in mind from the Ukrainian Air Force.

If this one gets the numbers, it won't be until 2018, so plenty of time to think about it.

ok, now time to get a list started:

1, trickyrich - host

2, exdraken

3, Ilking

4, Peter W

5, Radleigh

6, Skids

7, CliffB

8, Rob G

9, vesthepes

I'd be in!

Peru is an intersting option, with 2-seaters and CH-58/ AS-11 kilter anti- radar missile capability....

or a current Iraqi one?

I also have a sweet spot for the short, but intensive operator Macedonia...

or of course a current Russian one!

Great build idea! Yes.

Cliff., I like the lesser build AF. I'd go with that too. Something African - Angola,Chad maybe??

Cheers Paul

I'm thinking Turkmenistan - one of the nations that wasn't represented in last year's Lesser Built Air Forces Group Build!

Cliff

Great build idea! Yes.

Cliff., I like the lesser build AF. I'd go with that too. Something African - Angola,Chad maybe??

Cheers Paul

so of the colour schemes of the African ones are amazing, each air force may have only operated a few but they certainly looked amazing.

Great idea of a build. I'd be in for sure.

I have one KP in 1:48 with lots of aftermarket, plus the tandem Masterline re-pop... Would do something exotic definitely... Côte d'Ivoire shrakmouth has been on mind for quite some time....

• Like 2