Bleriot XI Kits?

Cratecruncher

Anyone have a favorite Bleriot kit they'd like to share? I recently purchased Lindberg (Round 2) re-pop of the old Impact/Pyro tool.

133653_0.jpg

The wings and empennage look pretty good but the fuselage is a bit clunky. I wondered if it might have been based on the William Wylam drawing so I dropped the parts down on the plan - fit was exact! Then I thought to myself... "Self, why don't you try scratching a better fuselage from that plan." Here's a snapshot of the frame with the flight surfaces from the kit.

100_3110.jpg

The kit is selling everywhere for about $12 and even includes a child-friendly puzzle of the boxart.

• Like 2

Now that looks like a well executed job on on the fuselage frame.

Have sort of favourite, still in the stash waiting to be built - Choroszy 72nd scale kit in resin, with PE and the framework provided as actual sticks of wood.

Choroszy_A194a.jpg

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

I'm glad you mentioned that kit. I bought the Tripoli version from Jadar a while back and after looking at all those tiny little warped parts put it back on the shelf and ordered the Lindberg. I also bought the Choroszy Caudron at the same time and it's even scarier. Do you know of anyone that has actually built one of the Choroszy Bleriots?

Yes, same place I ordered mine.

Never seen one of these built on the forums here, but I found one completed through an image google search:

http://pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55481&start=45

Modelbud webstore has a couple finished photos too;

http://modelbud.home.pl/en_US/p/A192-Bleriot-XI-I-Italian-Airplane-1911-Tripolitania/517?currency=PLN

regards,

Jack

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy, wonderful job on your Bleriot from Inpact (thanks for providing the link). My statement though, was intended for the 1/72 boxing from Choroszy.

regards,

Jack

Hi Andy, wonderful job on your Bleriot from Inpact (thanks for providing the link). My statement though, was intended for the 1/72 boxing from Choroszy.

regards,

Jack

Ooppsie, my mistake