F5 GB straggler; Hokeyboss F-5e FINISHED!

azureglo

This was a deadline fail for the F-5 STGB and rather than send it to the shelf of doom, I’ve decided to finish it as normal WIP. Here she is, first colour on.

maskprep.jpg

New stuff for me: Panzer putty. It is some kind of silly putty clone and apparently is the answer to our camo problems. As this is a 3 colour scheme, it seems like the perfect alternative to endless tape masks. Now for a blast of Mr Color 337 and see if this works without lifting the previous paint.

panzere.jpg

panzereja.jpg

Beautiful stuff, no paint lift and lovely clean edges. Panzerputty? Ja! A day of drying , some micromeshing of the overspray and the intermediate blue goes on tomorrow. This may yet escape the shelf of doom .

Anil Mit Panzerputty

• Like 4

A quick update before I head off up North for a week: laid down the third colour and painted the wells and engine bay:

top.jpg

bottom.jpg

The Panzer putty is a joy to use, cool watching all the paint that gets on it magically dissolve and vanish overnight too. I was most pleased with my Alclad burnt metal effect: well worth shortening my life for...

exh2.jpg

Just the glossing, decaling and final assembly left next week when I return from Sunny Wakefield.

Anil

• Like 2

• 4 months later...