Bit of Fun - Amusing Pilots Names

Tiger331

I swear Continental actually had a pilot called Ted Stryker! I also swore that if I ever got on a flight and the actor George Kennedy boarded I

would get off I think he has been in every Aircraft disaster movie ever made and Airplane.

I'm an air traffic controller and I worked Continental's Capt Ted Stryker a couple of times in my career. Someone (dispatch?) used to add his name to the remarks section of the flight plan

No funny military names I'm afraid,but I've worked with a colleague called Miles Upham,& my ex wife was a teacher who had on her register Kymberley Clarke(toilet paper dispenser) & Jenny Taylor............keep saying it & you'll get it.

• Like 2

No funny military names I'm afraid,but I've worked with a colleague called Miles Upham,& my ex wife was a teacher who had on her register Kymberley Clarke(toilet paper dispenser) & Jenny Taylor............keep saying it & you'll get it.

My daughter's name is Jenna. I have banned her forever from dating anyone with a surname of Taylor

• Like 1

I knew two air traffic controllers with the family names "Delay" (which is a french name) and "Hazard". Not pilot names, but still funny.

Alex

• Like 1

Does anyone else remember the year at Mildenhall that the C-17 first debuted? The commentator announced that he would hand over to "Major Bender USAF" to talk us through the display. The crowd around me hushed slightly. There then followed lots of sniggering.

Best regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Knew an armourer in the bomb dump at Gutersloh who's given nickname was "Morphine."

When I asked about it, I was told it was because he was; "A slow acting dope!"

Selwyn

• Like 2

We had an Indian guy who worked in the Stress Department at Woodford called Sunni Day.

One day he rang the Chadderton factory and said "It's Sunni Day here at Woodford" and received the reply "Is it. Well it's p**ing it down here at Chadderton"..

• Like 1

We used to have a maintenance engineer named Steven McQueen(I kid you not).

Every time someone rang up and asked if Steve McQueen was about we'd say no,but he did mention something about a fence and a motorbike.

The Boss was named David Fletcher,oh how I wanted to bowl into his office and in a Mr Mackay voice say "Alright Fletchar".

We had a stores bod who was known as "Tangent"because everytime you asked him something he'd steer you off in a completely different direction.

We had another stores bod who was the patterns(as in castings)man known as the Teflon Don because when there was a problem

he'd always got an answer so that nothing ever stuck to him.

When she was first married back in 1970,my sister's local GP was a Dr Leetham,you can all guess what a mischevous 10 year old christened him I'm sure........

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1