Kilgore's UH-1 from apocalypse now-EDITED with another question

kspriss

Hi guys. Am I right in saying that the Huey used by Kilgore is a short body one, ie without the door gunner 'pockets' just a straight vertical rear bulkhead and without the little Windows between the pilots doors and the sliding doors? I have a revell 1/24th Huey and would like to do her as Kilgores mount if that kit is an appropriate model. Off to get a copy of the film tomorrow but I thought someone here might know

Cheers

Steve

Edited by kspriss

Just checked LHS (antics) have the Italeri 1/48 AB205 Carabinieri Helicopter which is a -D so I'll pick one of those up and use weapons and markings from my Huey Hog kit..can even swap the rescue hoist over to make an early USAF rescue ship from the Huey hog

Right got the AB205 which is the correct version, and a copy of the movie, my next question, are aftermarket door gunners with M-60s available. Kilgore's ship seems to be slick configured with door pocket gunners and surfboards which I shall scratchbuild

Steve

Werner Wings (wernerwings.com) are a good place for all things US Army Rotary, although there doesn't seem to much for the UH-1D/H

Fireball Modelworks are good for decals (fireball.info)

George

Edited by boffin