FineMolds 1/72 Milennium Falcon....with mods

What a great start! I can see some very impressive artistic touches there in some of the work you have already completed. Very much looking forward to seeing further progress on this one.

The Falcon is one of my all-time-favourite vehicles (albeit a fantasy one), so I'll be following your progress with much interest. Let me subscribe now.

Revell has reboxed the Fine Molds kit. The product details are here. I read elsewhere that Fine Molds have retained the moulds and they are pressing the plastic, Revell supplies the boxing, the instructions and distribution. eBay prices have long been overinflated so you may be able to enjoy this kit at a more reasonable retail price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys......

My camera.....iPhone.....& light set up are kitchen downlighters

OK.....I've done a bit of work to the engine grille

IMG_0121_zpsatopbbdn.jpg
IMG_0122_zpssdw0bphn.jpg
IMG_3912_zpsc5isroeb.jpg
IMG_3913_zpspqe6nbsv.jpg
IMG_3914_zpsu9k0etzl.jpg
IMG_3915_zpsj9wxjj2f.jpg
IMG_3916_zpsibb7vlhv.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

A wee bit of work with the engines.....I bought some clear nozzles from a member of Starship Modeller years ago.....so I glued them together & masked the nozzle openings & gave it a blast of black primer...then the top coat

IMG_4082_zpsgvnzjxie.jpg

IMG_4085_zpsismdhjtr.jpg

IMG_4088_zps4x4npkog.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

OK.......the model fell off the table

I know,....I'm thick

I had boxes of parts,...tools, paints etc & I set the Falcon on top of a surface that was "Not entirely stable"

The noise of the crash when it hit the wooden floor made the dog jump out of it's sleep

That was about 3 weeks ago & I couldn't rest until I put her back together,.....a good bit of new filling was needed, especially around the jaw,....there were parts completely broken that I had to replace from my second FM kit (I'm building that one differently anyway)......so this is her at the minute,....repaired & weathered further

E9F8F2F4-631B-4830-B0B7-F3EF90B7B8F4.jpg

....more images to come

Thanks for looking
John

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vanoyen said:

Looks spectacular! Do you mind sharing some of your colour choices? I've said it before on FB but looking down at her like that she looks just like the 5 footer :)

Thanks Vanoyen, 

The base colour is Vallejo White & Deck tan mixed 50/50,....the grey panels are the base colour with black added,...to try & keep it in the same tone,...the red is Vallejo Cavalry Brown (Morron Rojo) 70.982

All weathering was done with oils.....I like to go over the model again with the base colour dusting it to back it off,....to tie it together......still a bit more to do

John