exdraken

S-70A-42 Black Hawk

Österreichisches Bundesheer

~Austrian Airforce

Italeri 1/48

Eduard PE

reference:

http://www.doppeladler.com/oebh/s70a.htm

its a bit daring to participate yet again in a GB, but then....

so here is my entry, hope to start her soon!

IMG_0371_1_1_zps8lui9h4a.jpgIMG_4266_1_zpsdwnufp7u.jpg

that's what I have so far.... don't know if there is a lot more out there......

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 7

exdraken,

OH WOW !! I love this Blackhawk... I am sure it made a quick appearance at the RED BULL Air race in Austria in 2014 when I went to watch it. :yikes:

it is truly a magnificent Helicopter, and I look forward to seeing your build..

Perfect choice for your build. :thumbsup:

WAY TO GO. :speak_cool:

MY LIKES have run out.

HOUSTON...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

finally got her started!

IMG_4472_1_1_zpszmdudxym.jpg

plastic is quite/ very soft, which requires different techniques when cutting, sanding and polishing. quite unlike the Classic Airfames plastic I worked with lately!

Austrian Blackhawks are more or less MH-60Ls BUT, with a more modern cockpit, a different nose mounted weather radar, quite a lot of external mounts for a self protection system, etc...

so the in detail study of pics is a must. the instructions not too helpful ;)

• Like 1

just noticed that for what ever reason I have the PE for the MH-60G Pave Hawk instead of the MH-60K... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maybe it was not out then (bought this already years ago.....)

so I ordered a new one, especially for having a (more) correct cockpit (4 MFDs, etc.)

so in the meantime... other work can be done!

general impressions, hardly any glue yet:

IMG_4477_1_1_zpsqbv8mqok.jpg

IMG_4479_1_1_zpsxbfc3czk.jpg

• Like 7

thanks vesthepes, unfortunately your link only leads me to the login mask....

could you resend me the link please, can't find it on makete.si!

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I am building the 1:72 hasegawa Blackhawk at the moment which is lacking in detail quite a bit, so have just ordered the revel 1:48 Blackhawk. Which I think is the same mould as this model. I will be watching this closely. Its looking good so far, What colour scheme are you going for?

• Like 1

I am building the 1:72 hasegawa Blackhawk at the moment which is lacking in detail quite a bit, so have just ordered the revel 1:48 Blackhawk. Which I think is the same mould as this model. I will be watching this closely. Its looking good so far, What colour scheme are you going for?

yes, i think the Revell one is exactly the same as the Italeri one, but decals.

I am going to do it in a Österreichisches Bundesheer (Austrian Army) scheme, as the title might suggest. pics from me and the many great detail shots posted by "upnorth" show the only Austrian scheme there is. so olive green/brown it will be ;)

maybe I put some KFOR/ EUFOR or the new BUNDESHEER markings on.... lets see!

but first I have to wait for new PE parts... somehow it seems postal service or sellers are letting me down.... already 3 weeks!!!

I'm about to start building the 1/72 kit. But I think I'm going to use it as a build and paint practice. Then get the 1/48 kit to do a more detailed build. If I had the space, I'd like the 1/35 kit, but maybe I'll get that once my skills are up to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my PE (bought a second set from a different vendor...) 5 day from the UK to Austria! :thumbsup:

that is what you get:

2 PE sheets for the interior, 3 for exterior, masks for wheels and windows (the Blackhawk has quite some of them, and complex in shape!) and not so necessary RBF tags:

IMG_5179_1_1_zpsdwy4lgwr.jpg

IMG_5181_1_1_zpsiikzeipf.jpg

and detail of the all important cockpit with 4 LCD screens

IMG_5180_1_1_zpsptb5vrjo.jpg

so no excuses left to start again!

• Like 3

They look good, especially the cockpit. I'm knew to modelling, what do you do with pe sheets? Are they just like fancy decals?

thanks ! ,

:popcorn: had to laugh a bit sorry, but to me PE (phote etch) is a way to make your model way more expensive than just the plastic..., and it adds significantly to the building time and eats up your patience....

have a look yourself!

IMG_5199_1_1_zpsiave5iq7.jpg

IMG_5201_1_1_zpsgfldytul.jpg

I started with adding detail to the cockpit areal the parts that need painting before I will add the pre-painted IP and dials...

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 4

I foresee a lot of 'colourful language' as you wrestle all that etch in to position. Like a couple of the other guys have said, this version of the Blackhawk is high on my 'bucket list' aswell, so looking forward to following your build.

Ian.

• Like 2