Airfix new tooling

593jones

The latest Airfix Workbench states that Airfix have 'some mouth-watering new tooling information to tell you about in the very near future, we are not quite in a position to begin making announcements just yet.'

Hmm, let the speculation commence! For my money, it's a new 1/48 Hampden (I can dream). What can anyone else predict?

• Like 1

Normally, they only refer to "mouth-watering" if it concerns an aircraft, especially if it is Spitfire shaped!

However, perhaps at last they are finally tooling up a 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth class carrier.

Dave

• Like 5

I bet one of those in 1/72:

Vickers Wellington B.III
Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (razorback)
Messerschmitt Me 262
Messerschmitt Me 109F

Arado Ar-196

Lysander

Battle

I'm with davecov. Especially if it's a 48th Spitfire XIV or a Vc :winkgrin:

350th HMS Queen Elizabeth would be awesome although I don't know of a LIDAR rig big enough, though surely computer files are available somewhere....

I still think a 48th WWI British rhomboid would be a good seller especially at Bovvie where they'd replace the 72/76 kits as casual purchases :pray:

I have no idea but I bet its something quite out of the blue which nobody would have thought . . . 'I knew it ' -- 'I said it would be '

Nah. No matter how unusual unlikely or exotic it will be, there will have been someone somewhere on the internet who has said "I really cannot understand why Airfix haven't done this one." But in another scale, of course.

Hmnn reading the actual paragraph it just says new tooling information, it might just be test shots and tools of the 2016 range, such as the B-17 or even the Victor rather than the first snippet of 2017 toolings !

Mouthwatering, as per T7's sufggestion. Then it must be a 76th scale NAFFI van to go with the airfield set. However a 48th scale Whilwind HAS7/HAR9/10 would be very acceptable as would a Scimitar and a good Hunter and....................................

Colin, the ever optomistic

• Like 3

I'm with davecov. Especially if it's a 48th Spitfire XIV or a Vc :winkgrin:

350th HMS Queen Elizabeth would be awesome although I don't know of a LIDAR rig big enough, though surely computer files are available somewhere....

I still think a 48th WWI British rhomboid would be a good seller especially at Bovvie where they'd replace the 72/76 kits as casual purchases :pray:

Actually, I was being sarcastic about Spitfires! There are too many as it is. :evil_laugh:

As it happens, when I was asked to build a 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth model for the real ship's naming ceremony, the shipbuilders offered me CAD files to do the job. I asked for PDFs as I didn't have the ability to use the CAD files but Airfix wouldn't have that particular problem. So, there is no excuse for Airfix NOT to produce it.

Dave

• Like 1

At last! :thumbsup:

The 1/350 HMS Fearless - it MUST be!! :yahoo:

(I know - I know - I'm fooling myself here - but - hey! - I can dream, can't I Speaking of dreaming: a sunny lonely island in the pacific - Halle Berry, Selma Hayek, Scarlett Johansson.... :oops: Did I say that out loud!) :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 3