Dash 8 Q400- does anybody make one?

Homerlovesbeer

The Nazca link is immaterial - it's been sold out for years. I, too, would like to buy one, having flown in them with two different airlines, but unless Italeri sees fit to issue one to accompany their ATR, I don't see it happening.

I didn't realise the Nazca kit was sold out, I've always hovered over the buy it button.

I agree with others that this is certainly an aircraft that deserves to be modelled. We live in hope that someone will deem it worthy of an injection moulded kit. I won't hold my breath though.

• Like 1

pinky coffeeboat, on 13 Feb 2016 - 02:48 AM, said:

I didn't realise the Nazca kit was sold out, I've always hovered over the buy it button.

http://www.nazca-decals.com/html/dash-8-400.htm - notice the BIG RED LETTERS? :winkgrin:

Really must buy the decals though, as I'll bet any new kit won't come with the markings I want.

http://www.nazca-decals.com/html/dash-8-400.htm - notice the BIG RED LETTERS? :winkgrin:

Really must buy the decals though, as I'll bet any new kit won't come with the markings I want.

Yeah I notice the big red letters but they're a recent addition to that page, so it must have only just (difficult to define) sold out. The last time I looked at that site those letters weren't there.

Nah.

Thanks anyway Chris. I've seen those around and I can tell you I've spent enough time around Q400's to weather the hell out of a plastic 1:72 if they ever make one. Those birds work VERY HARD and would be awesome to weather with all the grease stains, worn paint and ice chipped fuselage's, plus I can get reference pics VERY easily :winkgrin:

• 1 year later...

Maybe we can all impose our wishes on Zvezda and get one (or several different versions) in 144 to go with Revell's BAe146 kits.

(Airliner builders need to email Revell and get the 146 reissued in a white box/no decals run too. Revell don't think it'd sell, but I saw one sell for Au$48 on eBay the other day.)