New Warpaint book: Sikorsky S-55/H-19 & Westland Whirlwind

Panoz

Since Len Lundh couldn't be bothered to do one, this new release is more than welcome

http://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?GOTO=450&PICFILE=450&STKNR=450&STRH=18&ORDN=54&RNZ=222071

Hopefully it's better than that horrid Starface one on the Wessex ... :whistle:

PS I noticed that the same author has done Warpaints on the JP/Strikemaster & the T-33.

Anyone has them? Any good?

• Like 1

Yes and yes!

The caveat being that my knowledge on both is limited, but I like them...

Christian, exiled to africa and looking forward to the next post from Warpaint

• Like 1

Since Len Lundh couldn't be bothered to do one, this new release is more than welcome

http://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?GOTO=450&PICFILE=450&STKNR=450&STRH=18&ORDN=54&RNZ=222071

PS I noticed that the same author has done Warpaints on the JP/Strikemaster & the T-33.

...and the Tiger Moth! Be gentle on me as I have more titles in the works!

Edited by AMB

...and the Tiger Moth! Be gentle on me as I have more titles in the works!

In that case, thank you very much! Even my wife, the lovely Yvonne, has read it!

Christian, exiled to the dark continent

• 2 months later...

The JP/ strikemaster Warpaint was absolute rubbish, at the very least it needed a good proof read, but the poorly labelled pictures didn't do it any favours. Not one mention in it about the guns fitted to strikemasters! Probably the worst one of the warpaint series.

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Probably the worst one of the warpaint series.

Selwyn

While I don't have the one on the JP, that seems a rather harsh verdict. I do not like the Hunter one, at all, for various reasons, first of all for filling the text and upping the words count by endless data that would have made so much more sense being presented in tables. Second, for scale drawings that, well, raise some questions. Nothing is perfect...