1/48 Pilatus PC-7 (Fibre Models)

Mr B

Hello All

I am currently in the mids of building 2 1/48 Pilatus Pc-7 from Fibre Models. It is a full resin kit which is of a short run variant.

Lots of clean up and work to be done.....this is where I am at now...........

image_zpsq1niwxvj.jpeg

Just about to primer

image_zpsxkxllllu.jpeg

Twin shot.....one is primed and the other is almost ready for clean up

The canopies don't sit well so some modification was needed....and most likely they will be left open..............

Now I am scratch building the seats as the kit supplied seats do not look the part..........following that will be to ready for the paint shop..........

Happy Modelling

Rgds

Brian

• Like 5

Thanks chaps

Yes it's does not come with many pieces but cleaning and prep is a lot with resin.....I agree exdraken.......it's a wonderful subject missed in injected form....I wish one comes up soon....

Darby - thanks.....I hope they come out well......both of them will be Malaysian birds....one will be in Taming Sari colors (later scheme) which was once the RMAF aerobatic team made up of instructor pilots. The other will be in green camo belonging to 3 FTS which is used in COIN roles......it has a sharkmouth

Hope to post some progress soon

Rgds

Brian

Thanks guys

But bad luck striked and it's a repaint job I am afraid. I noticed the scheme needed some tweaking as there was some errors and omissions...After doing so...it looked worse off....so off came the paint and I have just repainted the white base.

hope the repaint is error free and I am satisfied with it.

Progress soon

Rgds

Mr b

Hi folks

Managed to get some work done on both of them

image_zpsuklprtvy.jpeg

image_zps8sthqvmw.jpeg

image_zpsx2vamqhp.jpeg

Primed and resanded the rough spots.....testing the shark mouth motive too....as that area will need to be masked....for the home printed decal. It's ready for a rescribe and then a bath and into the paint shop

image_zpsomjoh44q.jpeg

image_zpstf5ki16u.jpeg

The other one is also repainted and futured next will be decalling and cockpit work.

Thanks for dropping by

Rgds

Brian

• Like 6

Hi Folks

Got some work done and painted the other one

image_zpsoaef0icm.jpeg

image_zpse08nnll1.jpeg

image_zpsoqczoqdn.jpeg

Waiting to reprint the decals for the sharkmouth....and in the mean time will see me trying to complete the cockpits and other bits on both of them

Happy Modelling

Rgds

• Like 3

Managed to start the decals.....the sharkmouth teeth had to be cut out from the decal image as there was something funky with the printing process as you can see in the picture it printed with a grey background.....anyways here it is few more decals to go namely serials n fin flashes....

image_zps01zdw0uo.jpeg

Rgds

• Like 5

Thanks bro ! U spoilt the suprise by seeing here was going to suprise you with the finished article. Yes dun know wht happend i looked it up as a software setting issue anyways hope to complete soon

Rgds

thanks bro......glad you like it...

got an update.......managed to scratch build the seats.....need to clean up and build the headrests.....and put some belts.compared with the kit seat which does not look right

image_zpsnyhrhx9m.jpeg

I also started on the control sticks......

image_zpsdxmqgh81.jpeg

this is how they look now.....washed and gear and bits are on......just to finalize the cockpit and the clear parts....which requires a lot of work...and they are done

hopefully before months out

rgds and happy modelling to all

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...