Joe's Tojo - 1/32 Hasegawa Ki-44

The Kit: Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-44-II Hei Shoki (Tojo)

The Aircraft: Imperial Japan’s compact Ki-44 (Japanese Army designation "Army Type 2 Fighter") “Shoki” (“Demon Queller”: a very popular character in Japanese folk mythology, Shoki the Demon Queller) was designed as Japan’s first interceptor fighter by Nakajima Aircraft Company in 1939. The concept called for a heavily armed high-speed fighter with a high rate of climb. Maneuverability was a secondary concern. No small radial engine of sufficient power was available so Nakajima designed the small Shoki around a huge bomber engine, the 1,250 Hp Ha-41 14-cylinder radial. It was eventually replaced with the 1,520 Hp HA-109.

Add-ons:

Montex 1/32 canopy masks & markings Ki-44 Shoki for Hasegawa k32156

Quickboost 32072 1/32 Ki44 Exhaust for Hasegawa

I really like the Hasegawa kits, relatively easy to build and pretty good detail. I decided to mask and paint the Hinamaru's and other markings, the Montex masks worked great.

The Natural Metal Finish is various shades of Alclad II and Model Master Metalizers. I really enjoyed this kit, fun and looks pretty good in NMF.

BTW, anybody else have a parts eating carpet in their bench area? Every build I seem to loose at least one vital piece of a build. In the Ki-44's case, no flaps. Doh! Also, the last couple of photos show the difference in size between the Ki-84 and Ki-44.

Ki-44-33_zpsailwj8l7.jpgIMG_2121_zpsadvqnr7b.jpgIMG_2123_zpsoegzeqws.jpgIMG_2125_zps8e1vm6sh.jpgIMG_2128_zpsakjdejl9.jpgIMG_2132_zpsayhexbef.jpg

IMG_2137_zpssxmznhj9.jpgIMG_2135_zpsxdhkop3x.jpgIMG_2134_zpsdqufduod.jpg

Edited by F1Boomer
  • Like 13