RAF Jaguar ladders in 1/48?

RMP2

A friend of Paragons apparently made some a good while back and L'Arsenal do a sort of French version, but theyre a bit "flat" and not quite right for a British Jag.

Any suggestions where I might find at least one if not 2 sets of 1/48 Gr1 Jag ladders?

A friend of Paragons apparently made some a good while back and L'Arsenal do a sort of French version, but theyre a bit "flat" and not quite right for a British Jag.

Any suggestions where I might find at least one if not 2 sets of 1/48 Gr1 Jag ladders?

The only RAF Jagular ladders I'm aware of were indeed From Neil at Paragon. These are a long time out of production. They're photo etched and are very finely produced. They make up into nice accessories. Not sure where you'd get them now, I got mine well over ten years or so ago....

I was afraid that would be the case.

I don't suppose there are other ladders similar enough to the RAF Jag ones to make simple mods to and get away with that?

Grasping at straws I fear.

• 3 months later...

Due to the shortage of Jaguar ladders, the RAF found that the Phantoms ladders fitted and did the job just fine.

P1100498%20Medium.jpg

P1100500%20Medium.jpg

Im not bitter.........

• Like 1

Fancy making some more then? :D They look spot on, very well done.

Ive not done anything like that before. What rod did you use and do you have any sketches or anything more than photos that you dont mind sharing so I can have a go?

I did try with some wire, but it didnt go well...

ps - Lovely Jag too.

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 1

Hell of a challenge for my fat fingers. Are you fancying a go at that Mr Coke Can Builder? :)

The Phantom ladders I have look damn close width wise and distance between steps (as youd expect I guess) compared to photos of the Jag ladders from t'net.

But would measurements from the 1/48 Phantom ladders be any use at all?

Fancy making some more then? :D They look spot on, very well done.

Ive not done anything like that before. What rod did you use and do you have any sketches or anything more than photos that you dont mind sharing so I can have a go?

I did try with some wire, but it didnt go well...

ps - Lovely Jag too.

No thanks! I could take some measurements off mine if you like, but it was pretty much built by eye from a couple of photos on the web so it might not be entirely accurate. I'll get the ruler out and get you the dimensions if you like...

Here's the original thread with it:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33457-jaguar-gr1/page-2?hl=+deanflyer%20+jaguar

Cheers,

Dean

Ha, I dont blame you.

Something close is rather more than is available to buy... So some measurements would be great if you dont mind and its not to difficult or delicate to get them. Thank you. :)

Just been through your WIP thread - goes to show that the Airfix is about as much trouble as the newer Kittyhawk kit to get a decent finish. Well played indeed.

Best I can do, I'm afraid...the ladder wouldn't come off the side of the Jag without breaking something, so I got the best measurements I could in situ. Should be enough for you to knock up something similar out of 0.6mm plastic rod as I did. Look at some more pics of the finished article to get some idea of the cross braces etc.

jag21measurements_zpsp0arosmy.jpg

Hope that helps,

Dean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats brilliant, thanks for taking the time to do all that, much appreciated.

One last question - what did you use for the mesh sections? I think Ive got some fine cloth mesh somewhere that might do the trick but I need to find it.

Due to the shortage of Jaguar ladders, the RAF found that the Phantoms ladders fitted and did the job just fine.

P1100498%20Medium.jpg

P1100500%20Medium.jpg

Im not bitter.........

I wouldn't worry about ladder shortages.... That dudes Jag has no wheels or canopy! Could be an interesting ride ;)

Eng

I wouldn't worry about ladder shortages.... That dudes Jag has no wheels or canopy! Could be an interesting ride ;)

Eng

He had just changed his mind and was climbing down, not up. :)

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 3

I'd be having serious words with the Liney that offered that one up for service in the first place!

Eng

A couple of drawings (note not to scale I just roughed them up) and some detail photos. Please note the brushes on the bottom appear to have been added, I have not seen them on an operational ladder.

jl01.jpg

jl02.jpg

jl03.JPG

jl04.JPG

jl05.JPG

jl06.JPG

jl07.JPG

jl08.JPG

jl09.JPG

jl10.JPG

jl11.JPG

jl12.JPG