Cleaning glass/plastic dipped in Klear

Riggers

Evenin' all.......

Can anyone please help? I have dipped my glass section of a 1/12 Tamiya Subaru Impreza in Johnsons Klear. Left it to dry for nearly 1 week. Installed the glass & off course there are fingers prints on the front screen!! Arrrrr!!

Can you advise me as to what I clean it with that won't affect the Klear gloss coat?

Thanks as always & ATVB........

I use Mr Muscle foaming oven cleaner every time. Put some in a pot, place part in it for a couple of minutes, remove and rinse well. Don't know if this will work on week old hardened paint though. The longest I've left anything is a few days.

This applies to certain acrylics but not all.

Edited by Darby

If the print is on the Klear and you don't want to remove either the Klear or screen from the car a very wet coat of Klear will dissolve into the first coat and then dry nice and shiney. Its best if the screen can be dipped and soaked though.

Today I learned of Johnsons Klear.

Anyone want to elaborate on it's use?

Thanks to all for getting back to me. Just to let you guys know, I don't want to remove the Klear, just polish/buff/clean out the paw prints!

The problem with re-dipping is that I have already attached the decals to the screen & I don't want them removed.

I was thinking along the lines of window cleaner, Novus No1 from the set of 3......you get the jist.

Now then, Johnsons Klear & it's uses.....far too many to list, just Google Johnsons Klear for canopies, then look at YouTube......! Wonderful stuff! I ALWAYS dip my clear parts in Klear. Perfect shine everytime.

Thanks again.....

• Like 1

If the decals are set and dry, re-dipping shouldn't affect them: In fact, as long as you don't touch them afterwards, the clear will seal them in and if it gets under them, will completely eliminate any chance of silvering or accidental removal

The decals are set & dry, but I don't want them gloss.........no silvering as they are on a shiny, smooth, clear glass.

ATB....

The decals are set & dry, but I don't want them gloss.........no silvering as they are on a shiny, smooth, clear glass.

ATB....

Finger prints usually come off with a microfibre cloth. If not some LCD screen cleaner should be fine on it.