1/72 - MiG-21MF/MFN "Fishbed-J" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov is to release a serie of 1/72nd MiG-21 - the first one will be a MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J".

Source: http://www.kovozavody.cz/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/AVIZOKP-EN-0116.pdf

21_MF.jpg

Considering the soon to release Eduard 1/72nd Fishbed kits...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974059-172-mig-21-fishbed-by-eduard/

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

On 01/04/2017 at 0:04 PM, Vultures1 said:

Interesting!  I wonder if KP will beat the Eduard 1/72 MiG-21 to market.

I guess the AZ/KP will be released first but I think they don't compete in the same category: Eduard will be mainstream while AZ/KP will be more short-runnish. I'm nonetheless curious about how the shapes will differe between the two kits.

On 3/31/2017 at 1:37 PM, Homebee said:

Now we are finishing work on the new release, which was not in the catalog for the upcoming model year 2017. The legendary MiG-21 thus returns to the menu of the company KP, this time in a new design.

And this kit will satisfy the patterns under the name KP - quick and easy construction and good price

The plan is to release a number of the many attractive color variants.  Later, you'll get a very popular, "Joypack"

It is scheduled to go on sale in April 2017

NEW MIG-21

- 107 plastic parts in medium gray plastic
- 5 transparent parts
- 4 markings options in each package
- large format full color instructions
- we are preparing MF, MFN, R, and also bis

It will be interesting to see if they get the bis intake right.

12 minutes ago, Laurent said:

I love how they point an error done by Eduard on a particular scheme.

Price is agressive too: 12USD.

Unfortunately they don't improve it at all. Their Jackal crest looks entirely different from the original too. See http://dkrehan.webgarden.cz/rubriky/ostatni-letadla-a-letiste/a-potreti-navrat-za-nadzvukovymi

12 hours ago, Homebee said:

Polish AF scheme.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/fr/rok-migu/

21-poland-2-1058x1500.jpg

V.P.

Crikey!

A grey plane that is actually good looking. The MF has always been my favourite version.

May need to get one of these....:yes:

Trevor

• Like 1

The Eduard kit is still just a digital dream. Plastic could be only at the end of the year or even further down the road. I am sure Pan Sulc will simply say that KP is no competition to them and the KP kit is a “minor” thing.

Looking at the CAD renders of the Eduard planed MiG-21MF it is simply a down scale of the 48th kit with all the original mistakes on it. So if there is another kit manufacturer willing to invest in a 72nd scale Fishbed and also do a complete line of them, this is very good news!!!!! Good to have a choice and everone can make they own decision on which kit they would like to build. Its a democratic way.

Lets hope KP don’t make Eduard 48th scale mistakes in designing the kit!

Hope at Moson KP will have something to show. Speaking of the show, well I am not sure if I can whole heartedly recommend it any more since a big change has been made for Moson. The local Major built himself a new sports centre and decided that the Moson show can only be organized there, instead of the university where it has been for decades. This is not democracy anymore here!

Best regards

Gabor  

4 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Well Jan frequents here, so if there is you can politely inform him of them. ^_^

I have no idea who Jan is. Years ago when the original 48th kit was released a long list of “interesting” points was sent directly to Pan Sulc as the person "most involved" with the Edu kits. So they did / do  know about it. The question is how much will there is to produce something better or just take what there is in 48 and downscale it to 72.

But I think what we are talking about here is the KP kit. I hope they make a nice new kit. The original KP MiG-21 MF kit all those decades ago (was it in late 1970’s or early 80’s) was a very nice representation!!

I am certain that if it is just a repack of the RV kit then I will not bother with it!

Best regards

Gabor

10 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

I have no idea who Jan is.

Jan Polc of AZ Models posts here in this thread: 

He's shown himself receptive to input from forum members in the past, and has confirmed the kits are not RV reboxes.

On 4.4.2017 at 11:22 PM, ya-gabor said:

Looking at the CAD renders of the Eduard planed MiG-21MF it is simply a down scale of the 48th kit with all the original mistakes on it.

Hi Gabor,

What else is wrong with Eduard MiG-21s than the BIS front fuselage?

Greetings,

AaCee

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The question is how much will there is to produce something better or just take what there is in 48 and downscale it to 72.

I think that will be *very* interesting.  Will they actually make a proper bis this time, in a smaller scale, after loudly proclaiming that the differences were invisible in 1/48?  My guess is that it will largely be a scale-down of the 1/48 kit.  They might make a few minor tweaks so they can advertise it as the best MiG kit ever, but I doubt they'll do different noses.