1/72 - MiG-21MF/MFN "Fishbed-J" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing

Homebee

I hope the next week, Thursday (?) I will show you the first photos..... :-)

We plan the first sales in Moson. I hope we will have neccessary components.

• Like 1

I'n up for another Mig 21 in 1/72 as long as it's nice and accurate and an easy build.  Looking at my old Fujimi ones from the 90s.  They were applauded for their accuracy at the time..........by my god the canopies are noticably inaccurate for a start. 

9 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi Gabor,

What else is wrong with Eduard MiG-21s than the BIS front fuselage?

Greetings,

AaCee

There was a very long forum on ARC around the time when metal was still not cut for the 48th MiG-21bis kit and I for one was hoping that they will make the corrections to the airframe and not only the nose. On that forum there was a list of the changes needed to make a “better” looking "bis" version. They either learned from it or not for the 72nd scale version, I have no idea and fortunately I am not involved in any form!

I don’t think there is enough time and space for going into that again and anyway this is a forum about the new KP kit.

Just a short recap: The biggest problem with the 48th scale MiG-21MF kit was that it was a representation of those 20 or so “Grey” MF versions which the Czechoslovak AF received in a last batch. These aircraft had a lot in common with the “bis” fighters which were already in production at the time. So the airframe is a mix of MF and “bis”. The main batch of MiG-21 MF’s, all those thousands of aircraft around the world (compared to the 20 Grey MF's in Czech AF) look different from that kit. Still it is a nice kit . . .

But lets see next week what KP has prepared for us.

Best regards

Gabor

1 minute ago, SeaVenom said:

Looking at my old Fujimi ones from the 90s.  They were applauded for their accuracy at the time

Back in those days they were the best around, even if not exactly 72nd in scale and a long list of other mistakes, but when they came out they were the best kits of the MiG-21! I had all of them!

But so was the best kit of the MiG-25 the Hasegawa offering back in late 1970's!

It all depends where you are looking from!

Best regards

Gabor 

On 4. 4. 2017 at 10:22 PM, ya-gabor said:

Hope at Moson KP will have something to show. Speaking of the show, well I am not sure if I can whole heartedly recommend it any more since a big change has been made for Moson. The local Major built himself a new sports centre and decided that the Moson show can only be organized there, instead of the university where it has been for decades. This is not democracy anymore here!

Best regards

Gabor  

I was commissioned to publish the following statement in behalf of Moson Model Show organizers:

As MMS rapidly grown during the last years, and the new sport center has been built in this spring in Mosonmagyaróvár the city decided to offer a new suitable place for the yearly MMS.
We expect all our old and new visitors , the place is new but the spirit is the usual .
Andras Egresi http://www.mosonshow.hu/

Edited by Noddy

49 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Just a short recap: The biggest problem with the 48th scale MiG-21MF kit was that it was a representation of those 20 or so “Grey” MF versions which the Czechoslovak AF received in a last batch.

We are straying off topic, but to quote Eduard's FB: "The [MiG-21MF] design is based on our 1/48 model from 2011, but is significantly modified and adapted to 1/72 scale. It includes some minor shape adjustments, but also the decision to release the kit in two versions. The first version covers the gray machines used by the Air Defence regiments, and the second one will cover the frontline air force machines."

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Back in those days they were the best around, even if not exactly 72nd in scale and a long list of other mistakes, but when they came out they were the best kits of the MiG-21! I had all of them!

But so was the best kit of the MiG-25 the Hasegawa offering back in late 1970's!

It all depends where you are looking from!

Best regards

Gabor 

That's true of course.  

22 hours ago, JBr said:

We are straying off topic, but to quote Eduard's FB: "The [MiG-21MF] design is based on our 1/48 model from 2011, but is significantly modified and adapted to 1/72 scale. It includes some minor shape adjustments, but also the decision to release the kit in two versions. The first version covers the gray machines used by the Air Defence regiments, and the second one will cover the frontline air force machines."

Yes, this is (should be) all about the new KP MiG-21 kit, so it would be nice to speak about the Edu kit IF and when we know more.

Just a short comment, yes, Pan Sulc did elaborate on two versions of the MF but he also mentioned that other details will be ignored while for a Spitfire, a Me-109 or a FW-190 . . . the company is far more meticulous and manufacturers new tools even if the difference is only few fasteners.

As I said this should be another story somewhere else and in very long time from today.

Let’s see what KP has in store for us!

Best regards

Gabor

On 6.4.2017 at 11:42 PM, ya-gabor said:

There was a very long forum on ARC around the time when metal was still not cut for the 48th MiG-21bis kit and I for one was hoping that they will make the corrections to the airframe and not only the nose. <clip>

Just a short recap: The biggest problem with the 48th scale MiG-21MF kit was that it was a representation of those 20 or so “Grey” MF versions which the Czechoslovak AF received in a last batch. These aircraft had a lot in common with the “bis” fighters which were already in production at the time. So the airframe is a mix of MF and “bis”. <clip<

But lets see next week what KP has prepared for us.

Hi Gabor,

Thank you for your informative reply.

I hope the best for both companies with their Fishbeds. Unfortunately both of them share similar track record with sub-type differences. Just like S-199 wheel well and rudder as an example.

Cheers,

AaCee

12 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi Gabor,

Thank you for your informative reply.

I hope the best for both companies with their Fishbeds. Unfortunately both of them share similar track record with sub-type differences. Just like S-199 wheel well and rudder as an example.

Cheers,

AaCee

Could you please provide more information about your remark on S-199?

Thanks.

Edited by MarkoZG

10 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Could you please provide more information about your remark on S-199?

Thanks.

Hi Marko,

Certainly. Main wheel bay openings are in at least most S-199s rounded. Kit has standard Bf 109G angular ones. Other more questionable is the tall tail.IMHO looking at the pictures there were both wooden and metal tall tails on the S-199 as well as on Bf 109G-6 onward. The one in the kit is the wooden one with straight bottom line when the metal one was curved.

Unfortunately I don't have the recent Avia S-199 book.

But back to KP MI>G-21MF. The old one had pretty good wings and tail surfaces.

Greetings,

AaCee

• Like 1

I hope KP did get the Hungarian national marking right. The photo of the paint scheme is a bit small but the marking looks "fat". It should have standard proportions from which one will find deviation of only few millimeters on the real aircraft but not a complete change of proportions.

Eduard got it completely wrong both for the Profipack MiG-21 bis and the Weekend 21 bis. they were told several times during the desing of the kit but they only trusted the Czech decal designer and not the Hungarian official paint instructions documentation. :(((

Hope KP did not copy it from Eduard.

Question to Jan Polc. Any development with the kit? Any photos? Will you have it at Moson?

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

My questions are about the latest KP 72nd scale MiG-21 MF kit due to be released soon. So  . . .

The name of this topic is:  1/72 - MiG-21MF "Fishbed-J" (new tool) by Kovozávody Prostějov - release in 2017

Isnt this the most appropriate topic to ask a question about the KP new tool MiG-21 MF kit??? At the top of the page Jan Polc did comment this topic (his kit) so I would imagine that every now and then he visits here.

I am sure if he has something new to say about the kit, he will post it. I hope so. I just wanted to get ahead.

Best regards

Gabor

5 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

However you are more likely to get a swifter response in the one I linked to...

Thanks very much for the link. I had a look at it and there is a chance that I will ask there. But for the moment I would have more liked if questions about the KP MiG-21MF stay all in one place here. The mentioned forum has a lot of other things also.

Thanks again for the help. Truth is I will waite for the Moson show and see the KP people there and hopefully the kit too. :)))

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Hi to all. I am sorry, but I am not visiting this thread so frequently..... 

But, we have got the very first moulds just few minutes ago. Looks good. I hope we will publish it today.

To the external stores - we were trying to hold the price as low as possible but also there was an idea to include some pods.

In the end you will find in the box - 2x 490l fuel tanks, 2x S-24 rockets, 2x R-60 rockets and 2x R-3S rockets. For the R version is Type R container included..

The first three boxes will be in Moson on our stand.

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 4