1/72 - Yakovlev Yak-42 "Clobber" by Amodel - released

Homebee

I don't normally do airliners - but I might just get one - if it comes in the livery of Kuban Iarlines - we flew from Moscow Vnukovo to Krasnodar in one to visit the Hydroaviation show at Gelendzhik....

day_01_053.jpg

I photographed this gorgeous one at Krasnodar....

day_01_054.jpg

When we left Krasnodar for the return journey, the whole cabin filled with a fine mist when the engines were started!

It gave us all us Brits a fright - but it was only the cabin filing with mist due to the hot outside temperature and presumably lack of heat exchanger?

We had a great ramp tour and boarded the Yak-42 via the rear airstair straight from the ramp - much to the envy of the Russian passengers.

Ken

PS - I have a few more Yak-42 photos if you want me to post them ??

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 3

I can't say I'm a big fan of civilian airliners, but it's still nice to see Amodel cranking out the big kits. Maybe they'll get round to an Il-4 bomber someday, or an all-plastic 1/72nd scale early model Tu-95 Bear. But if they are going to do civilian biggies, how about an ANT-20 Maksim Gorkiy?

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

A 1/72nd scale Il-4, the gentleman's scale. There are two kits out there now, by Revell (ex VEB/Plasticart) and Zvezda, but we are long overdue a modern mould of this very important GPW Soviet medium bomber.

Regards,

Jason