1/72 - de Havilland D.H.104 Dove/Devon by Amodel - released - Air Graphics sets, AiM decals & Whirlybird conv. set

Homebee

Any thoughts on this being a collaboration project? To my mind its seems to be an awfully small pond for two 72nd styrene Dove kits. If one was a 48th kit that would be manner from heaven.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
Typo, what else!

I can't imagine Amodel would work with another company (outside of Eastern Europe) if that's what you are suggesting. They are very close-knit with Modelsvit and Eastern Express but that's it..

Can't wait for the Amodel Dove.... lots of schemes to choose from.

1 hour ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Any thoughts on this being a collaboration project? To my mind its seems to be an awfully small pond for two 72nd styrene Dove kits. If one was a 48th kit that would be manner from heaven.

Thomo.

I support a 1/48 dove anytime or a  twin pioneer, herald or heron as well......classic important aircrafts in my opinion....with such a rich heritage n history.....

rgds

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

I support a 1/48 dove anytime or a  twin pioneer, herald or heron as well......classic important aircrafts in my opinion....with such a rich heritage n history.....

rgds

Never mind  the or let's have them all in quarter scale. I like being greedy.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
Spelt my name wrong, Doh!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Radleigh said:

I can't imagine Amodel would work with another company (outside of Eastern Europe) if that's what you are suggesting. They are very close-knit with Modelsvit and Eastern Express but that's it..

Can't wait for the Amodel Dove.... lots of schemes to choose from.

Is this speculation or based on fact?

Curious Thomo.

Bit of both, Amodel do work with EE (or at least EE rebox Amodel kits and visa versa) and I'm almost certain Modelsvit and Amodel share a factory. But I've never had that proven. They aren't the easiest of company's to get in touch with, which makes me believe they wouldn't have much to do with any other company.

I would find it very strange for a Ukraine company to randomly start working along side a New Zealand company, but I guess stranger things have happened. Email Kiwi Models and see what they say....

Best way to get an answer. Email - [email protected]

1 hour ago, Radleigh said:

Bit of both, Amodel do work with EE (or at least EE rebox Amodel kits and visa versa) and I'm almost certain Modelsvit and Amodel share a factory. But I've never had that proven. They aren't the easiest of company's to get in touch with, which makes me believe they wouldn't have much to do with any other company.

I would find it very strange for a Ukraine company to randomly start working along side a New Zealand company, but I guess stranger things have happened. Email Kiwi Models and see what they say....

Best way to get an answer. Email - [email protected]

OK, I thought you where in the know?

Thomo.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ptmvarsityfan said:

Amodel Dove now in Hannants Future Releases with box artwork, colours for Martin's Air Charter, I think a Dutch operator. No price quoted yet!

Cheers, Paul

It is a dutch operator;) and their first type to operate ...so for the dutchies among us a welcome addition..

Preordered one as well at the LHSB) for 32,95 euro

Edited by janneman36

20 hours ago, T7 Models said:

Nothing against you Dutchies, but it is a left of field choice for an initial release. I believe MAC only ever operated one Dove?

Just like a lot of their kits, obscure... but great at the same time. Hopefully some of the decal guys cater for the Dove!

On 8/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, Radleigh said:

Just like a lot of their kits, obscure... but great at the same time. Hopefully some of the decal guys cater for the Dove!

Radleigh, I am pretty sure it was mentioned that Xtradecal would be producing a sheet for this, I do hope so !?  Regards Colin.

Delighted to hear a Dove is finally coming out. I have the very first Max decals sheet featuring an Irish Air Corps Dove, 72-0001. I never thought I'd get to use it. Fond memories of seeing the Doves flying back and forth when I was growing up.

On 8/11/2017 at 16:22, Flyboy72nd said:

I'm totally surprised no one has mentioned a conversion for the Saunders ST-27?????  :wink:

The ST -27 was a Canadian conversion based on the Heron. So I don't think a Dove would help that much

21 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

RAF Devon, RN Sea Devon and RAE Devon will be a nice start

I'd be amazed if A Model don't follow this up with an RAF or RN release.

• Like 1