1/72 - de Havilland D.H.104 Dove/Devon by Amodel - released - Air Graphics sets, AiM decals & Whirlybird conv. set

Homebee

Air Graphics sets.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/posts/1136365086497359

We have also commissioned numerous improvement sets for the A-Model DH Devon including engines/props, wheels & undercarriage, cockpit detail with others to follow. We are also looking at a Dove/Devon decal sheet.
The kit is nice but again lacks detail for the price

Aucun texte alternatif disponible. 

Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Look forward to the AirGraphic sets. I think they'll be needed When? Especially different decals. I have just got mine picked up for me at Telford by a friend.  Horrendous sink hole to the outside of the lower wing centre section but easily fixed.   Need to see if there will enough room for nose weight too. Am hoping for some interesting civvy schmes as well as military ones like the NZ ones! 

• 4 months later...

I'm surprised at the surfeit of decal options for this kit, I thought the aftermarket lads and lasses would dropped on this like a stone.

There are plenty of attractive liveries out there, not least: Severn, JCB, Shell and the machine that feature in the film "The Wrong arm of the Law."

Thommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

20 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I'm surprised at the surfeit of decal options for this kit, I thought the aftermarket lads and lasses would dropped on this like a stone.

There are plenty of attractive liveries out there, not least: Severn, JCB, Shell and the machine that feature in the film "The Wrong arm of the Law."

Thommo.

I'm disappointed there aren't more decal options out there but not all that surprised - decal manufacturers never seem to want to do much for short-run kits. Caracal has announced a set, but there doesn't seem to be any info out there on what will be in it. There are also some RNZAF decals from Oldmodels. But I'm not aware of anything else out there.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 5:22 AM, zebra said:

I'm disappointed there aren't more decal options out there but not all that surprised - decal manufacturers never seem to want to do much for short-run kits. Caracal has announced a set, but there doesn't seem to be any info out there on what will be in it. There are also some RNZAF decals from Oldmodels. But I'm not aware of anything else out there.

The options on the first Caracal sheet (there will be 2) are:

-DH 104 Dove  "G-ALFU", Civil Aviation Flying Unit, UK

-DH 104 Dove  "G-AREA", Hawker Siddeley Aviation, UK

-DH 104 Devon VP959, Royal Aircraft Establishment ("Raspberry Ripple" scheme)

-DH 104 Devon XA879, Royal Air Force

-DH 104 Devon XJ348, Royal Navy

-DH 104 Devon XK895, Royal Navy

• Like 9

2 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

Sir,

I am very pleased to see your decal sheets coming for this kit, on the second sheet will there be options for Devon/Dove in foreign service please ?

Best regards

Colin.

5 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

G-ALFU and VP959 are very attractive options. Can’t wait to hear what will be on the seconds sheet.

The subjects on the second Dove / Devon sheet from Caracal Models will be:

-DH 104 Dove  "G-ARJB", JCB, UK

-DH 104 Devon XM223, Royal Aircraft Establishment / DGTE - T&EE West Freugh ("Raspberry Ripple" scheme)

-DH 104 Devon VP978, British Air Attache aircraft,Royal Air Force

-DH 104 Devon VP976, Royal Air Force

-DH 104 Devon VP963, Royal Air Force Air Support Command

-DH 104 Devon XJ324, Royal Navy

-DH 104 Devon XJ319, Royal Navy

This is all I will be doing for the Dove/Devon for this summer - but I am planning on starting a new civil aviation line later in the year, and plan to offer more civilian schemes.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CaracalModels said:

The subjects on the second Dove / Devon sheet from Caracal Models will be:

-DH 104 Dove  "G-ARJB", JCB, UK

-DH 104 Devon XM223, Royal Aircraft Establishment / DGTE - T&EE West Freugh ("Raspberry Ripple" scheme)

-DH 104 Devon VP978, British Air Attache aircraft,Royal Air Force

-DH 104 Devon VP976, Royal Air Force

-DH 104 Devon VP963, Royal Air Force Air Support Command

-DH 104 Devon XJ324, Royal Navy

-DH 104 Devon XJ319, Royal Navy

This is all I will be doing for the Dove/Devon for this summer - but I am planning on starting a new civil aviation line later in the year, and plan to offer more civilian schemes.

At least the JCB livery is in and amongst that list.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

These sheets (CD72079 and CD72081) will be available in mid-June - they will be very limited runs of 250 copies each, and will share a common stencilling and national markings sheet.

And if none of these options are appealing to you hopefully one of the dozens of decal companies from all over the world that are no doubt racing, just racing to invest their time and money to make decals for this limited-run kit of a 1950s prop utiility will have something that you may like. 🙂 As I mentioned, more civilian (mostly airliners) options will be available from Caracal's new civilian decal brand later in the year.

Edited by CaracalModels
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Can’t wait!  Please open preorders soon. Don’t want to miss out, and don’t let the carping get you down. Your willingness to support these kits is much appreciated. Looking forward to more airliner decals of CARACAL quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of you e-mailed me and asked about national markings, after not seeing them on the upcoming Caracal Models Dove/Devon sheets. 

A Cartograf-printed small sheet will be common to both sets, and will include national insignia as well as stencilling and some structural details like the wing leading edge de-icing strips.

dovest1.jpg

dovest2.jpg

• Like 4