1/72 - de Havilland D.H.104 Dove/Devon by Amodel - released - Air Graphics sets, AiM decals & Whirlybird conv. set

Homebee

Heres a couple. One of them G-ARDE at Abingdon early 80's. The Herons and the Fairflight ones at Biggin Hill on a non airshow day.:

20161227170753_03_zpsp3evebn0.jpg

G-ARDE at Abingdon.

20170108191619_08_zps13pqbqkn.jpg

G-AROI of Fairflight at Biggin. While below......

20170108191619_05_zpsmiareqd3.jpg

20170108191619_07_zpslmszuek6.jpg

Herons of Fairflight G-APKW and 'NNO.

These few pics are from my recent scans of ol slides I am processin slowly.  But hope they whet appetitites for the above mentioned kit...:smile:

• Like 4

Keen to have some one of these, would like to do an RNZAF, RN & maybe Biafran ones, remastering my plans in view of that price. Some of us are too far away to get to shows & with post & exchange rate I'll be lucky to manage one for an RNZAF one. :(

Steve.

• Like 2

There are a lot of nice subjects coming out this year in 1/72, by many

manufacturers.

I want to whittle down the stash, but more great stuff keeps coming along, like this one :frantic: !

Thanks for posting pictures of different schemes chaps, it's clear there's great potential for many after market decal options on this one.

That Severn Airways livery is gorgeous.

Talking of innards and given the price tag, I wonder if this kit will have any cabin detail?

£33 is a lot of AUD$. It's a lot of £ too!

The only solution for me is going to be to sell some less desirable gibber from the stash, raise some Dove funds :thumbsup2: .

TT

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

There are a lot of nice subjects coming out this year in 1/72, by many

manufacturers.

I want to whittle down the stash, but more great stuff keeps coming along, like this one :frantic: !

Thanks for posting pictures of different schemes chaps, it's clear there's great potential for many after market decal options on this one.

That Severn Airways livery is gorgeous.

Talking of innards and given the price tag, I wonder if this kit will have any cabin detail?

£33 is a lot of AUD$. It's a lot of £ too!

The only solution for me is going to be to sell some less desirable gibber from the stash, raise some Dove funds :thumbsup2: .

TT

My sentiments are the same. Manufacturers seem to be announcing kits I have wanted since the year dot. And now I am in twilight years I very much doubt I'll get to building any of the older stash and so they will have to go to make way for kits I DO want.... prices excepting.

• Like 3

Initially I was hoping to build a couple of Devon/Doves and was hoping around the £15ea mark, reality hit £20ea seemed more realistic and thought better stick to one example, a Sea Devon that I flew in.  £34 is impossible to justify for me and to a young family on one small kit, even with stash tokens, so unfortunately wont be building a Devon by the looks.

I'm not sure that pricing is purely the work of Brexit either.

• Like 1

Expected price in Europe will be around 32 euro's. But to the UK it will indeed get some import taxes of course. But hey, we are now facing import duties on Airfix and we did not even want that Brexit like you guys :-)  Maybe modellers should go back to the old pen pal friends like with former eastbloc modellers.  You get A-model, we get Airfix :-D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, T7 Models said:

A Model kits are not often discounted, unless they are of subjects that do not sell. I think that the Dove will not be in that category.

A tenner may have been too much, but there is a trader at shows who does discount the kits, I've bought at least 7-8 kits off him over the last year or two well under Hannants price. I paid £21 for the Modelsvit Tu-91, just looked on Hannants and they have it at £31.50... paid about £5 less for the Yak-140 and Yak-1000 the same day.

2 hours ago, Aeronut said:

To those of you who are worried at the cost of A-model's Dove I see the big H is advertising Welsh Models 1:144 version at £30.99.

And thats for a 1/144th kit!!

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, T7 Models said:

As we say down here in Cornwall, it will be along dreckly*.

(*sort of like manana, but without the sense of urgency)

Yes, I am beginning to realize this with certain kit manufacturers...

On a similar note, I am sure that if I live long enough (God willing) every aircraft I want will appear in kit form eventually :lol:

On 08/02/2017 at 19:51, 71chally said:

..and not Brexit related!

It's very expensive to cross the Severn Bridge :)

On the subject of Doves, now that Kiwi has also announced a 1/72 Plastic kit of the Dove, at least there might be some competition in 1/72.