Avro Lancaster 1/48 Tamiya.

adilson

Starting studies of a new work, one of the finest warriors IIWW, the photos do not require comment.

DSC07710_zpsrhonmal1.jpg

Box art.

DSC07711_zps6c4eu8my.jpg

Wheels, propellers and engine covers ...

DSC07714_zpsrlqjjeir.jpg

Bomb bay.

DSC07716_zpsy9eohylc.jpg

DSC07717_zpsgihlpukg.jpg

DSC07719_zpsfa041fxr.jpg

Elevator...

DSC07720_zpsmr0v2bmk.jpg

Wings

DSC07721_zpsh3dkp7cp.jpg

DSC07722_zpsbktfcgdx.jpg

DSC07724_zpssvz4re6p.jpg

DSC07729_zpsojt1wpg0.jpg

DSC07736_zps8dkyr7ic.jpg

DSC07737_zpsbotogmry.jpg

Pinups ...

DSC07730_zpszovrpyoh.jpg

Photo eatch´s.

DSC07734_zpsofk1dl4u.jpg

Bomb bay.

DSC07735_zpsdqwkm26r.jpg

Bomb bay.

DSC07738_zpsmmwaac3v.jpg

bbmf2014_zpsknktvrxp.jpg

Gear bay.

Engine29_V_zpseohk8swj.jpg

Fire wall...

Aug142010002_zps3ny3ymmq.jpg

Wings tips...

August8201121_zps0hkhcseb.jpg

Fuel tank...

hen_lanc-03_zpszzaro8qo.jpg

Bomb bay...

hen_lanc-11_zpsx8dhd8k6.jpg

Flaps...

hen_lanc-14_zpspt6yy2qf.jpg

Gear bay...

Lancaster20Mk.III20BBMF20022_zpslyyr8nlv

Lancaster20Mk.III20BBMF20029_zpsrrjfgpl0

Lancaster20Mk.III20BBMF20033_zpsqldsa5qo

Lancaster20Mk.III20BBMF20019_zps4syfwkg5

LancasterMarch2009024_zps0faugcki.jpg

CH2AApril242010021_zpsjzckbqyq.jpg

Lancaster_Av_GB_4610_sk_flaps_p095_W_zps

Lancaster_Av_GB_4610_sk_tail-turret_p095

Hugs ....

• Like 9

Love the Varga girls montage amongst the sprue layouts.

Are the Lancaster photo's of the B.o.B. flights aircraft or of "Just Jane"?

Looking forward to this build as you progress.

Bob.

And a collection of photos "just Jane", and others around the England, museums and restoration workshops.

Edited by adilson

I'm very tempted by this model. The only thing putting me off is what I'd do with it when it was finished.

I shall follow with interest...

I'm very tempted by this model. The only thing putting me off is what I'd do with it when it was finished.

I shall follow with interest...

Friend thank, I need help with photos and details very probable, hope to represent well this wonderful machine that you guys created.

Here in the u/k we have a series popular car home maintenance workshop manuals by Haynes, they have produced a series of workshop manuals on aircraft as well, the Lancaster is one of these and I can whole heartily recommend this book to you. It has detailed drawings/schematics and a plethora of photo's. You may have to look for a stockist on line where you are but they are still in print and readily available here in the u/k. However, looking at what information you have amassed so far, I doubt that you will need it. (still, like all good/bad modelers, we have to have all the info we can get and then some).

Bob.

Here in the u/k we have a series popular car home maintenance workshop manuals by Haynes, they have produced a series of workshop manuals on aircraft as well, the Lancaster is one of these and I can whole heartily recommend this book to you. It has detailed drawings/schematics and a plethora of photo's. You may have to look for a stockist on line where you are but they are still in print and readily available here in the u/k. However, looking at what information you have amassed so far, I doubt that you will need it. (still, like all good/bad modelers, we have to have all the info we can get and then some).

Bob.

Thank you friend, everyone's help and very welcome ....

starting work...

DSC07740_zpsfhtxcc4m.jpg

Was observed modifications and improvements, also checked the parts in photo eatchs.

DSC07742_zpsicnc6udv.jpg

check if the pieces will fit in the assembly ...

DSC07743_zpsacwur0dd.jpg

We started with a new seat for the pilot brass

Hugs... :coolio::coolio:

Edited by adilson
  • Like 12

Looks good!

You'll have a huge work on it with all the PE parts! Fortunately you have the Lego minifigs that help you!

I follow your build.

Cheers

Erik

:frantic: While they work in Lancaster, I finish a JU - 88 of Dragon ... :pipe:

I'm in here. Looks very promising. Like the little pin up matchboxes very very much. Where can you buy these? Got this one for cigarettes: http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/0/8/7/1373479531-20492-2.jpg

These matchboxes, shop at a market in Curitiba, Brazil, if you like I can send to you, are printed on photo paper and glued the boxes, very simple but very cool.

Nice kit as for those match boxes I remember those as a child my dad used to get them, I wish they did a book on them pin up girls would make a lovely keepsake.

Clive

You might not get the exact pictures but there are loads of Alberto Vargas and George Petty books about. Taschen was one,That may be out of print so ebay for that. I have a couple or three of Vargas. Petty books are or were hard to find though.

The pin-ups are by Gil Elvgren, they are avialbale all over the place, even at Ebay. I'm sure there's a book available about his work.

https://de.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A9mSs3G7G75W.i8Ay5UzCQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZmVxM3N0BGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Gil+Elvgren&fr=moz35

His work can't be beaten! :)

Peter

• Like 2

The pin-ups are by Gil Elvgren, they are avialbale all over the place, even at Ebay. I'm sure there's a book available about his work.

https://de.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A9mSs3G7G75W.i8Ay5UzCQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZmVxM3N0BGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Gil+Elvgren&fr=moz35

His work can't be beaten! :)

Peter

Thank you for the links. By chance I will print somee on photopaper and glue them onto some matchboxes to see how they look. Thanks for your offering a few posts before. I will call you back, if I want some of them. :speak_cool:

• Like 1

Ho Ho, very interesting topic in perspective, I love this kind of challenge

I will follow your work with great pleasure

I wish you good luck and lots of fun :thumbsup: