Paints and powders

Shar2

Paints and powders
Darkstar

bottles.jpg

Darkstar are a new company to the paint scene, well, certainly to me, as I hadn’t heard of them until the two paints and two weathering powders landed on my doorstep. The two paints, both acrylic, in their molten metals range, Steel and Tarnished Steel, come in 17ml plastic bottles with a moulded in spout. Before writing this review I used the steel on a build and found that you had to press the bottle quite hard before any paint came out. This could cause too much paint at times, so be aware of this. I brush painted and used the paint in an airbrush with good results. The paint needed to be thinned quite a bit for the airbrush, but could be brushed on straight out of the bottle, although I did thin it a bit with some water and it worked great.

bin.jpg

The weathering powders, Earth and Baked Earth come in 15ml pots with flip top lids. Now, whilst I haven’t used them on a build I have tried a bit on some paper and the pigment is very fine, and gets everywhere given the chance. The colours looked pretty good, and you wouldn’t need a lot to give an AFV or the like that worn, dusty look.

bin.jpg

Conclusion
As I said earlier, Darkstar are a new entity to me, but with the results I had using the paint I think they’ll be around for a while. These and the weathering powders have very fine pigments, they easy to use and give great coverage. Very highly recommended

Review sample courtesy of:darkstarlogo.jpg