Matchbox Gladiator

I returned to modelling a couple of years ago and have put some builds on here but not my very first 'return build'- so here it is.

I came across the Matchbox Gladi in a Charity shop for £1.50 and couldn't resist buying it. It's crude compared to the recent Airfix new mould but looks like a Gladiator to me.

This was also my first attempt at rigging, I used fishing line and some isolated bits of stretched sprue.

The decals are RAF Kenley 1938, couldn't resist making it look a bit tired as the Squadron will be getting Hurricane's soon and play a key role in BoB.IMG_4682_zpstonuz3ko.jpgIMG_4672_zpsebii7im3.jpgIMG_4670_zpszfcsw7ku.jpgIMG_4651_zpsbkvmii9q.jpgIMG_4634_zpsudrwhugl.jpgIMG_4634_zpsudrwhugl.jpg

• Like 32

Thanks to all for your kind words about my Gladi.

I really love it!!!

How did you make that rigging?

It looks so realistic.

Congratulations. Polo.

The rigging is fishing line, usual process, drill a hole part way into the underside of the upper wing, insert fishing line with a blob of Superglue on the end. Leave to dry, then pass the line though a hole in the lower wing and tension, I use a small bulldog clip and a blob of blutak. Super glue into the hole, leave to dry and cut off. Make good the hole from underside. Something like this.

IMG_2821_zps128538f0.jpg

• Like 1