Spray booth

T8247741

HI all, looking to purchase a spray booth, I like the Graphic Air ones but a little out of my price range for an immediate purchase.

However, Hollywood Trading sell a more affordable range, also available on ebay from various suppliers.

Wondered if anyone had tried them and could give a brief review of whether they are worth the smaller price tag?

I use this spray booth E420 with exhaust vent sticking out open window http://www.airbrushsupplyonline.com/buy/portable-airbrushing-spray-booth-extractor-e420-with-extraction-kit_78.htm

It works well enough, although I still see some spray outside the booth while spraying. It could do with being slightly bigger and perhaps having a more powerful motor I think.

I do wear an organic solvent and particulate respirator as extra precautions while spraying. I have also added some led strip lights to the lid of mine as it is somewhat shaded in the booth, as mentioned in this thread

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993229-led-lighting-for-spray-booth-updated-with-pictures/?hl=%2Bspray+%2Bbooth+%2Blighting

I hope this helps!

Be careful if you are using one of the cheapies in the house.

All the one's I've checked say don't put anything flammable through them in the instructions.

If you have a flash fire, your house insurance won't cover you.

I can recommend the Graphic air one.

I've had one for about 20 years & still running fine.

High spec, made in the UK and lifetime warranty.

Paul

• Like 1

I use this spray booth E420 with exhaust vent sticking out open window http://www.airbrushsupplyonline.com/buy/portable-airbrushing-spray-booth-extractor-e420-with-extraction-kit_78.htm

It works well enough, although I still see some spray outside the booth while spraying. It could do with being slightly bigger and perhaps having a more powerful motor I think.

I do wear an organic solvent and particulate respirator as extra precautions while spraying. I have also added some led strip lights to the lid of mine as it is somewhat shaded in the booth, as mentioned in this thread

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993229-led-lighting-for-spray-booth-updated-with-pictures/?hl=%2Bspray+%2Bbooth+%2Blighting

I hope this helps!

Hi

I use the same one as Brianl has linked to. It works fine and a bonus for me is it fairly easily folds down to a smaller size for storage

I just sprayed a 1/72 Lanc in mine it was a bit tight mind but still worked ok

Another vote for the linked to E240 cheapie type if on a budget. And who isn't?

I have one. It's adequate and really quite exceptional value at the price. IDK what the DC adapter for is in that image. Mine is directly 240v AC pull out cord and plug powered per the script, perhaps with a step down transformer internally to drive presumably a 12v DC fan?

Build quality and finish is good. The external venting hose and fittings are cheapish but serve well enough for the non-ham fisted. Available as a spare, and cheap enough to replace as/if required. The unit works fine, taking into account the following caveats.

1. Two versions of the unit are sold TMK. One with flash compliance for use with solvent paints which is also harder to source because they're dearer; and, one without. I spray with aqueous based acrylics almost exclusively => option 2 = fit for purpose = non issue. Mine is identical to the one in the image, DC wall wart excepted.

2. It's built to a price. Fan is adequate IME, as well as a bit noisier than I'd like. But, it does 'what it says on the tin'. Fitting a different fan is always an inexpensive potential upgrade if desired.

Bottom line is the bottom line.

For ¼ of the price of a Graphics Air unit, they do the job and you get a lot of kit for a very quite modest spend. Graphic Air OTOH is rather expensive. All comes down to budget, amount of use, performance and service life expected of the unit really. Owned name brand compressors, now own a Fengda cheapie (w/tank etc) which is better than several I've owned and does a sterling job. Similarly own Badger, Omni and Iwata dual action airbrushes. Iwata is great, but Badger & Omni do as good a job at a fraction of the price. Never owned and probably won't own a Graphics Air ever, so don't have a basis of side by side direct comparison to offer. Your purse.

• Like 2