MisterCraft Se-210 1/72

aukebruins

I noticed that and another version on the Armory newsletter. I clicked on the link for both of them and the other version showed 1/144 on the box and this one 1/72. The were both priced at around $8 so something doesn't add up.

Edit: just had a look on the Mistercraft website and the Air France version shows as 1/144 now so someone must have messed up a bit.....

http://www.mistercraft.eu/products/Civilian-Aircrafts/

Steve

These are 1/144 versions of the Airfix kit.

The instructions state that not all colour schemes shown on the plans are included in the box. My United box had decals for United and SAS. The box top showed flags for USA, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and the Soviet Union. There are some boxing's around that do have a full decals sheet for all of the airlines from those countries that operated the Caravelle.

Likewise, the Air France box I have shows colour guides for Air France, Alitalia, Finnair and JAT (but a note on the plans informs the modeller that they have to obtain these JAT decals from Lift here decals!). Only Air France decals were included in mine.

As I said, it's the Airfix kit with all its faults still intact. For those wanting a better (but more expensive) early series Caravelle, Authentic Airliners are due to release a new all resin kit sometime next month.

F-rsin have released a couple of injection moulded kits of the Caravelle 10 and 12. These look nice (haven't got any yet) but being shortish run, they require a bit of modelling to finish.

Jeff

Edited to correct spelling and to add that I also have the Mach2 kit which I bought about 13 years ago, but haven't really got the enthusiasm or the determination to start, correct, modify and finally finish it. Mores the pity, because it's a lovely aircraft (the real one, not the Mach2 effort).

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

• 2 weeks later...

Mailed Armory / Taras Karabyn the other day about the scale, the correct retail price, avalability and if it is a Mach 2 copy.

The following answer was received:

"As I know MisterCraft uses its own casting equipment. I have a doubt that they bought it from Mach 2.

The retail price is correct, because MisterCraft modelkits are cheap.

You can backorder the kit in our shop."

So I ordered one and will see what happens.

For that price ! :mental:

I'll let you know !

Edited by aukebruins

Is it 1/72?? Did they confirm or correct that?

They did'nt give a direct answer about the scale, but the doubt about the Mach 2 copy should say enough.

Just wait and see !

Edited by aukebruins