Adversary TA-4F Skyhawk # 16 (Hasegawa 1/48)

Jens

Today I finished this Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4F Skyhawk. I used Xtracolor paint, Afterburner Decals and TwoMikes resin seats. I sprayed it freehand as usual.

Now I have finished adversary TA-4s No. 13, 14, 15 and 16.

TA-4F_16_6455.jpg'

TA-4F_16_6457.jpg

TA-4F_16_6459.jpg

TA-4F_16_6460.jpg

TA-4F_16_6463.jpg

TA-4F_16_6467.jpg

Jens

• Like 42

Very nice work, Jens! The dissimilar training schemes are so much more interesting than the standard service schemes. You've captured them well. And good job calling them "adversary" - so many use the term "aggressor" for the USN planes, but that is the name used by the USAF. :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm glad you like my Scooters. :)

Lovely stuff Jens - your such a tease at the moment !! - Early Starfighter soon ??

Thanks Gundylunch. Are you talking about my Norwegian F-104G or just any early Starfighter? ;)

Jens

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm glad you like my Scooters. :)

Thanks Gundylunch. Are you talking about my Norwegian F-104G or just any early Starfighter? ;)

Jens

Hi Jens,

It was me you bought the USAF early Starfighter sheet from !! - and your Scooters have been an inspiration in my search for Two Bobs and Afterburner sheets !!

Thanks guys.

Gundylunch, that's right - you mentioned that in another thread. :) I haven't dug out the kits for that sheet yet but I have them ready in the basement. Perhaps I should use those decals in the future F-104 GB.

Jens

Hello,Jens - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Skyhawk'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina.The camouflage work looks and is exquisite.She is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Jens:

Your work is simply fabulous. Would you mind telling us what airbrush and paints that you use? I'm sure many of us would be grateful for any information about how you get such fantastic finishes on your models.

Regards,

Marvin

• Like 1

Thank you very much.

Marvin, I use an Iwata HP-C Plus. I used a Badger 175 Crescendo before that with similar results. Most of the time I used Xtracolor, but other enamels find their way to my airbrush too. It all depends on the colour, but I usually find Xtracolor to be the easiest to paint tight lines with.

Jens