1/32 - Cessna 337 & O-2 Skymaster by Roden - released - new boxing

Homebee

• 6 months later...

Any news about the release yet ?

Guy

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sad it shrunk from 1/32 to 1/48, going to be tiny...

It reminds me of Kitty Hawk's Bell UH-1D, supposed to be tooled in 1/35, then no news for months and all of suddent it was ok for an imminent release in... 1/48.

57 minutes ago, UpperDeck said:

Sad it shrunk from 1/32 to 1/48, going to be tiny...

It reminds me of Kitty Hawk's Bell UH-1D, supposed to be tooled in 1/35, then no news for months and all of suddent it was ok for an imminent release in... 1/48.

Based on the 6XX catalogue number, I believe it will still be 1/32.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Based on the 6XX catalogue number, I believe it will still be 1/32.

Oh I hope so!

This is one aeroplane I have wanted in 32nd scale for a long time so Roden, please don't down scale it!

I don't actually mind which scale it is in.........Personally, I would prefer for it to be in 1:48 (to be followed by an O-1 Bird Dog and OV-10 Bronco !) but I can live with 1:32 too. If its in the latter scale, it fits with the recently released O-1 which is a nice kit too and 'suggests' a new trend for them but it would equally fit with the likes of the Turbo Porter and T-28 COIN Bird in the former scale....I think the odds are it will be 1:32 but I guess we will have to wait and see.  (maybe it will be released in both scales eventually !). 

• Like 4

The original announcement was 1/32 so finger crossed.  This is not the first time the Roden website has announcements with errors.

I just hope it does arrive next month.  I'm still waiting for their Rolls-Royce car to complete the 1/35 armoured car range - announced but never produced

Paul.

2 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Meow..:D

:speak_cool: Couldn't resist it!! Actually, I rather like the Skymaster. Still got a couple of the old Airfix ones kicking around!

Allan

Just had an email confirming that the O-2 Skymaster will be 1/32 scale :thumbsup:

Guy

• Like 2