1:72 Special Hobby Fairey Firefly FR.1 & TT.4

Thanks, mates! I truly appreciate the kind words. :)

Beautiful workmanship Bill and what with the other things you've had to contend with a superb result....I doff my feathery hat to you sir...

Thanks, General - in a way, focusing on other things, especially modelling with its level of concentration, is a great way to keep one's mind off of the "other things." And if you can keep your mind off it, it lowers stress and helps healing. Of course, the chemicals they pump into me to kill those little buggers helps too! You gotta love it and keep an optimistic outlook!

Absolutely gorgeous pair Bill. I didn't realise how much difference in design some of the versions were, particularly with the radiator locations, makes them look like different animals.

Always enjoy watching your builds, they are an education into the real aircraft as much as scale modelling :)

Can't wait to see the next instalment from the Navy Bird offices

Cheers

Neil

Thanks, Neil - each project is an education for me, too, since I know squat about most of the subjects I model. The folks here on BM are an incredible resource. As far as the next installment goes, I'm trying to decide between an XP-67, Spitfire 21, TSR.2, Sea Venom, and a Heyford. These are the ones that have been suggested anyway. I dread this part of any project ending, as I have a horrible time picking the next one. :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks, mates! I truly appreciate the kind words. :)

Thanks, Neil - each project is an education for me, too, since I know squat about most of the subjects I model. The folks here on BM are an incredible resource. As far as the next installment goes, I'm trying to decide between an XP-67, Spitfire 21, TSR.2, Sea Venom, and a Heyford. These are the ones that have been suggested anyway. I dread this part of any project ending, as I have a horrible time picking the next one. :)

Cheers,

Bill

As much as I'd love to see you do the Xp-47 I know what a marvellous job you would do to the old Heyford so my vote goes there. You will set the benchmark for us all to follow and no doubt give us all an insight into this bi-plane beast :)

• Like 1

Thanks, mates! I really appreciate all the nice comments.

I've decided to build the CMR 1:72 scale Sea Venom next, out of respect for Steve and the help he provided on these Firefly builds. I'll use the Australian RAN scheme applied to the Sea Venom that he and his mates restored, and from which he takes his forum name NAVY870. It should be a fun build, everything looks really nice in the box. Steve is listed as one of the folks that CMR consulted when they were designing this kit and making the masters, so I believe that it will be very accurate. Stay on the lookout for the WIP thread. :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bill,two absolutely beautiful builds, the finish on both is flawless. Target tugs are a favourite subject of mine, folded wings are less so but after seeing this, I would have to accept that anything this well done is truly fantastic.

Well Done, Trev

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 2:43 PM, Head in the clouds. said:

Very fine models indeed and a superb finish on both, tell me, where would one purchase such a high quality jig.......:giggle:

Purchase? I stole it from my granddaughter's toy box. She's 6 years old, and probably halfway through her Firefly model and now she can't set the wings because I took the jig! Perhaps I should give it back to her...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1