Is Silver Cloud still alive?

f4h1phantom

Sorry, no, not as such. Chris Gannon (who did Silver Cloud and Pegasus) got out of the business in 2008 and sold remaining stocks to Freightdog Models.

If you ask Colin at Freightdog it's not impossible that he has one of these knocking about somewhere, but the likelihood is that if he did have it in stock he would have it on his website.

http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk

You may be better to wait for the Blackbird conversion.I looked up SAM M720404001,but,apart from a photo on Scalemates,those who have them appear to have used,or are keeping,them.The SAM production was only a short run,it seems.

Bill.

These B. Mk. IV series I/PR Mk. I nacelles were released by Freightdog under the Silver Cloud brand after they had acquired the brand, and so have nothing to do with the previous owner. They are from the same masters as the SAM ones. They were mastered by Paul Lucas, IIRC, and both SAM and Silver Cloud casting might have been by him too.

I have a set of the Silver Cloud ones, that I am keeping for a PR I project. I reviewed them on Aeroscale.

If Blackbird release theirs, I hope they follow the Silver Cloud/SAM ones and include the tailplanes and normal-profile-tyre tailwheel (the Tamiya comes with the later anti-shimmy type).

We're well on with the bits at the moment.

I'm planning to break down the parts so we can swap bits around to allow us to produce various conversions.

With the two stage Merlins we will also be adding them in with other parts to produce some later variants too. But the engines will be available as a set themselves.

If we can get maximum use of the various parts so we can offer conversion A or B. Then we are not having a mass of parts where it costs more and the modeller is left with redundant bits. If that all makes sense.

We'll be doing the same with our Neptune conversions later this year too.

• Like 3

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but can you give any indication of when the Neppie stuff might be available? There are a couple of Hasegawa kits in the stash just crying out for them ...

will have to comment elsewhere, seems I've upset the BM police by discussing my products!!!

Bit like North Korea ain't it at times lol

• Like 2

Hi

I remember reading somewhere (flypast ?)

when the prototype was restored at the museum recently, they discovered the previous various old shapes of the rear nacelle were still there, underneath the last rear nacelle mod, which it now has.

hopefully my typing makes sense,

cheers

jerry

Say f4h1, your friend didn't happen to loose out on this auction by any chance? Noticed your topic was february 4th and this auction ended on the 3rd, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sam-Publications-Mosquito-PR-Mk-I-B-Mk-IV-Scale-1-72-Tamiya-Resin-Conversion-Kit-/131713020220?hash=item1eaab5313c%3Ag%3AR7YAAOSwX~dWqVas&nma=true&si=HVtspNT1kDL6%252BJeB3GdYQUcBpr0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I did seriously consider bidding on it, but i just know too little about the SAM resin range and the level of quaity. I actually have both the Silver Cloud

and Blackbird bulged bomb bay efforts. The Blackbird one does not have the enlarged tailplanes included. I hate when a resin set flies under a different brand. Just creates confusion and you have to buy the set to find out firsthand. I will be lining up for more Blackbird resin though (big grin)

Bjoern in Norway

Say f4h1, your friend didn't happen to loose out on this auction by any chance? Noticed your topic was february 4th and this auction ended on the 3rd, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sam-Publications-Mosquito-PR-Mk-I-B-Mk-IV-Scale-1-72-Tamiya-Resin-Conversion-Kit-/131713020220?hash=item1eaab5313c%3Ag%3AR7YAAOSwX~dWqVas&nma=true&si=HVtspNT1kDL6%252BJeB3GdYQUcBpr0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I did seriously consider bidding on it, but i just know too little about the SAM resin range and the level of quaity. I actually have both the Silver Cloud

and Blackbird bulged bomb bay efforts. The Blackbird one does not have the enlarged tailplanes included. I hate when a resin set flies under a different brand. Just creates confusion and you have to buy the set to find out firsthand. I will be lining up for more Blackbird resin though (big grin)

Bjoern in Norway

A set for sale in my For Sale post http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234987808-172-aircraft-and-tanks-updated-09022016/?p=2087909

Casting quality is good, I don't know about accuracy. Tailplanes and tailwheel are included.

will have to comment elsewhere, seems I've upset the BM police by discussing my products!!!

Bit like North Korea ain't it at times lol

I don't see why anyone would have an issue. You just answered a question. Personally, thanks for the info on your sets.

I don't see why anyone would have an issue. You just answered a question. Personally, thanks for the info on your sets.

One of the mods on here. Don't know why, thought we were all peeing in the same bucket. But think he's a mate of someone I had a row with recently..

But I'll post regular updates on my page on the traders list.

Just strikes me as funny how some companies from overseas can do what they want, but we BRITS can't.

Guess my reply might get me banned but who cares.

I'm surprised to hear this kind of diatribe on here TBH Glen. All we asked was for you to post your adverts for products in your own forum to prevent a free-for-all of all vendors doing the same, preventing the members getting a look in. If you consider it's barbaric/unfair then that's your hard luck. Adding the race card to the mix is just asinine, as is continuously bringing it up. Strikes me that you're wanting to commit suicide by Mod, so it's with sadness and a good deal of thought that we acquiesce to your request. Talking to you at Telford last year I thought you were a nice enough bloke, but apparently not. :shrug:

Topic closed too.