Mirage IIIo

Ian

Hi everyone HNY from a very warm (27deg) & sunny Middle Zealand.

So this project is a sort of 'getting back to basics' build. Initially I started it back in April'ish last year, then after just two sessions, boxed it all up and found something else that was 'newer' and 'shinier'. I dug it back out just before Christmas but have only been able to grab 30mins here and there whilst 'Daddies little Stormtroopers' have been home on the SEVEN WEEK summer hols - I work from home, so guess who was on 'entertainment duties'.

OK, 'nuff talk, this is the 1981 (?) Esci kit, released a couple of times by Italeri, this particular boxing is the one with the HUGE AdA decal sheet and the updated weapons sprue. Massive amount of PSR needed to get the wing-roots flush with the fuselage and various other filling chores. I built this purely for the fun of it, no detailing of any sort, even left the seat out (for now) just to have it sitting on the shelf alongside my Marineflieger TF-104...

Kit - Italeri (nee Esci) 1:48

Paint - All Xtracolour enamels.

Decals - Microscale 48-128 & 298.

Extras - A LOT of filler & swearing.

AMD Mirage IIIO

3 Squadron RAAF

Butterworth, Malaysia

Early 1980's

Mirage%201_zpsggcmmspj.jpg

Mirage%202_zpsdjng6qvz.jpg

Mirage%203_zpsd0sf9ccy.jpg

Mirage%204_zpsblyoheld.jpg

Mirage%205_zps0cs8qbi8.jpg

Mirage%206_zps64bcvxny.jpg

Mirage%207_zpsw8jwa4x1.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, as ever all criticism, comments or questions are welcome.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 24

Beatiful "Plancheta" (little iron), as we call them here in spain....

Given the fact of the crudeness of the old Esci kit, can't say nothing but hats off. Looks excellent in aussie colours' and your clean and carefull build just remarks the sharpness and aerodinamics of such a beautie....congrats..your kit shows how old ladies can still stand against current "chicks"....

Cheers

• Like 1

But please add the ejection seat! :winkgrin: It is just worth it !!!

Andy

I will Andy, I bought the Aires resin seat with the separate etch straps, just taking my time painting-it-up, enjoying that process more than actually building the kit !!

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1