Gunze Aqueous Paint Issue

Sky Pilot

I'm about to start the construction of an a/c for which the instructions call up Gunze Aqueous colours Middle Stone (H71) and Dark Earth (H72). I believe that these paints give a fairly shiny (semi gloss) finish and would prefer to use Tamiya acrylic paints which allow me to control the final surface finish, which I prefer. Unfortunately none of the Tamiya acrylics range give suitable matches for the Gunze colours. Consequently I will need to do the appropriate Tamiya mixes. To this end I wonder if anyone here knows, and would kindly impart, details of the Tamiya mixing ratios - 'twould save me a lot of time.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

John

Gunze paints dry to a semigloss finish but it's not that shiny. It would not be gloss enough to apply decals directly and they would still need a good gloss coat. On the other hand I find that their pigment is finer than Tamiya's and overall are IMHO a better quality paint. Don't know if you apply a gloss coat before decalling, in this case though I'd go with the Gunze paints... assuming you can find them where you are, their availability is not as good as Tamiya's

• Like 1