Aw man, not another P-51D Mustang...

Hi All,

This is my 1/72 Tamiya F-51D Mustang built as an Israeli Air Force P-51D circa 1956's Operation 'Kadesh' (aka the Suez Crisis). This was built OOB, and was painted with Vallejo and Model Master paints. The markings are from Sky Decals 'IAF First Fighters' set. The weathering was done with a combination of pastels and Testors CreateFX panel washes. Thanks for looking!

Mustang_1_zps6qxo8bd7.jpg

Mustang_2_zpsccvh41v4.jpg

Mustang_3_zpskm9xfc3e.jpg

Mustang_4_zpsdrezzxfu.jpg

Mustang_5_zpss5ike3qo.jpg

Mustang_6_zpsuqcuyns1.jpg

Mustang_7_zpsox3yhbd0.jpg

Mustang_8_zpsubdv85zs.jpg

Mustang_10_zps1zynh9it.jpg

Mustang_9_zpscsou8c6e.jpg

• Like 23

Nice job. Yes another P51, maybe, but I wonder if threads featuring the old reliables get more hits than those featuring something like the Polkarski PK3 monoplane bomber, 3 of which saw service with the Ruritanian air service in 1924.

I know which I'd be looking at. I impulsively view anything featuring WW2 fighters.

Thanks for the kudos, gang. It was nice building something a little out of my normal era of modeling (modern jets and helicopters), plus something different in regards to markings and paint scheme on a popular subject. I have another Israeli Mustang on my bench, though this one will be in the normal metal finish.

Cheers,

Albert