1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320 "R-3" by Modelsvit - released - NH Detail PE set

Homebee

Great - another weird/ugly/beautiful experimental Soviet aeroplane! I've probably said this before, but it looks like Modelsvit are going to be receiving quite a bit of my disposable income for the foreseeable future, at least.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Their Yak-1000 is quite well done - and a thing of simplicity with a low parts count.

Also on that Facebook page is a Su-15 - the first Su-15! The one with two jet engines along the centerline and an offset cockpit to accommodate the intake trunks to the two engines. Up until now, only Unicraft had released a kit of this unique Soviet early jet. And now Modelsvit is doing it too? Yay!

Well, that's certainly nice, and judging by what's shown in the images on Facebook, it's amazingly detailed. They must be pretty confident that it'll be a big seller, but I still believe that, over the long haul, a Yak-9D would be more profitable in a broader market than a relatively obscure non-operational type like this one.

Yes, yes - coat, hat, whatever...

John

• Like 2

1/72nd - as it says on the decal sheet - and the catalogue number....

My build WIP here :- http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235022214-mig-i-320-new-172-scale-kit-from-modelsvit/

Finished model......

Photo_42.jpg

More here:- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_mig-i-320.html

Note:- A fully detailed Klimov VK-1 (Rolls Royce Nene) turbojet is included in the kit - you could leave it out of the model (it doesn't show!) and, with a bit of super-detailing and a scratch-built stand, display it next to a MiG-15, Lockheed F-80, Hawker Seahawk, Grumman Panther etc etc

Ken

• Like 2

• 4 months later...