1/72 - Sukhoi Su-15 Samolet P (1949) by Modelsvit - release in ?

Homebee

That bird was so damn... Russian... I just had to get a kit of it even if it was but a Unicraft kitting. The Modelsvit is bound to be leaps and heaps better than that glob of resin from "back in the day." Huzzah!

• 2 weeks later...

I was the owner of the Unicraft kit before I sold it, to me it looked good even, astonishingly it had lots of fine surface details.

Of course a plastic kit is preferred by me

That wasn't my experience......

su-15_parts.jpg

A lot of work later.....

su-15_04.jpg

Build details here - reading it now I think I was a bit generous in my opinion.

Ken

• Like 2

Thanks VP, thought it may have been noted somewhere.......should have searched a bit harder.

Ken, you did a magnificent job on the thing considering the starting point. With all these wonderful prototypes coming along I rather hope they manage to include the Su-17R in their line up. I nearly bought the LF Models one, I know you built the Legato kit, (same kit ?) but it seemed pretty expensive for what it was....

That wasn't my experience......

su-15_parts.jpg

A lot of work later.....

su-15_04.jpg

Build details here - reading it now I think I was a bit generous in my opinion.

Ken

That looks like a totally different and much worse kit indeed, maybe mine was a later improved edition ?

I am to 99 certain it came from Unicraft ...

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

That's no La-200B, but it's still weird enough for my rather esoteric tastes. Some day I hope to write a book on all the weird and wonderful aircraft the Soviets projected and/or built - this one would definitely make the cut.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Sukhoi Su-15 Samolet P (1949) by Modelsvit - release in 2020 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Sukhoi Su-15 Samolet P (1949) by Modelsvit - release in ?