This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - Sukhoi Su-15 Samolet P (1949) by Modelsvit - release in 2017

That bird was so damn... Russian... I just had to get a kit of it even if it was but a Unicraft kitting. The Modelsvit is bound to be leaps and heaps better than that glob of resin from "back in the day." Huzzah!

Great to see that Modelsvit are also planning on releasing the original Sukhoi Su-15....won't have to rely on finding the Unicraft 'kit' of this bizarre looking machine.

From their FB page...

Modelsvit%202_zpstxj47kfk.jpg

su15_1-i.jpg

Bizarre looking? Looks like the illegitimate lovechild of a f-86 Sabredog and a Mig-15!

At least they are producing something new and different.

Those Russian floats look nice, The glass nose gives me the heebi-jeebis though imagine masking the thing! Its a welcome offering however.

I was the owner of an Unicraft kit before I sold it, to me it looked good even, astonishingly it had lots of fine surface details.

Of course a plastic kit is preferred by me

I was the owner of the Unicraft kit before I sold it, to me it looked good even, astonishingly it had lots of fine surface details.

Of course a plastic kit is preferred by me

That wasn't my experience......

su-15_parts.jpg

A lot of work later.....

su-15_04.jpg

Build details here - reading it now I think I was a bit generous in my opinion.

Ken

Thanks VP, thought it may have been noted somewhere.......should have searched a bit harder.

Ken, you did a magnificent job on the thing considering the starting point. With all these wonderful prototypes coming along I rather hope they manage to include the Su-17R in their line up. I nearly bought the LF Models one, I know you built the Legato kit, (same kit ?) but it seemed pretty expensive for what it was....

That wasn't my experience......

su-15_parts.jpg

A lot of work later.....

su-15_04.jpg

Build details here - reading it now I think I was a bit generous in my opinion.

Ken

That looks like a totally different and much worse kit indeed, maybe mine was a later improved edition ?

I am to 99 certain it came from Unicraft ...

Martin

That's no La-200B, but it's still weird enough for my rather esoteric tastes. Some day I hope to write a book on all the weird and wonderful aircraft the Soviets projected and/or built - this one would definitely make the cut.

Regards,

Jason