Capt Kenneth DAHLBERG Bubbletop 353 Fs 354 Fg Dec 1944

Good afternoon

My second entry in this Gb will be the aircraft flown by Capt Kenneth DAHLBERG during his tour with the 353Fs 354 Fighter Group in wich He scored 3 kills

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_H._Dahlberg

I am going to replace the seat by a Pavla one and use a Yahuu Instrument panel instead of the part proposed by Tamiya

331008003.jpg

Some books

197937008.jpg

I started painting the cockpit in interior green , wheel wells in Yellow Zing Chromate , landing gear in silver ..

Patrice

Almost certainly the 'paddle' blade type, which I'm sure was introduced early in 44. I did this one from the Academy kit and it is depicted carrying 3 500lb bombs, as I've seen a pic of either that aircraft or a squadron mate with that load.

thanks

Mike

Good evening Mike

Thank you

Welcome back Patrice.

I'm not to familiar with the colour scheme for this aircraft or the aircraft..... a NMF Bubble Top P-47D?

Anyway I look forward to following another one of your great builds

Again good luck and look forward to seeing the finished product.

Welcome back Patrice.

I'm not to familiar with the colour scheme for this aircraft or the aircraft..... a NMF Bubble Top P-47D?

Anyway I look forward to following another one of your great builds

Again good luck and look forward to seeing the finished product.

Yes, it's a nmf bubble top with a yellow cowling and Black Skull n Crossbones on the side.

thanks

Mike

Good morning

Once finished Ken Dahlberg's Jug should look like this one 169993EaglestonsP47.jpg flown by Maj Glenn Eaglestone except for the kill markings and Eagle emblem ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 4

Good morning

Once finished Ken Dahlberg's Jug should look like this one 169993EaglestonsP47.jpg flown by Maj Glenn Eaglestone except for the kill markings and Eagle emblem ..

Patrice

Note that Eaglestone's was a later batch, possibly D-30 as it had the fin fillet but yes, very similar. I have a pic in the 9th AF P-47Aces Book with a plane from that squadron with 3 500lb bombs....

aarrrr cool colour scheme!!!

Yes indeed!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

You have an early instrument panel (Yahu) and this is later model of P-47. Are you shure it will suit ?

Good afternoon zegye

Oups I posted the wrong pic , dont' worry I have the correct Yahu IP ..

Patrice

Bonsoir Patrice,

That's a truly fantastic paint scheme you have chosen. Well done! It's going to look real nice.

Re the Yahu IP, I doubt anybody would notice if you used the old type!

Affaire a suivre!

JR

Bonjour Jean

Thank you.. I would know if I use the wrong Ip ..

By the way yesterday I managed to work on this build I painted the seat and prapred the instrument panel

5196070052.jpg

Yesterday I also painted the side panels
356162006.jpg

Ans glued these parts
8071320082.jpg

947608011.jpg[/url

Patrice

• Like 2

Nice progress Patrice, cool scheme you've chosen,

Sean

Good morning Sean

Thank you

Excellent progress on all three of your builds Patrice. I didn't realize how much the Tamiya Razorback kit differs from the bubble top. It would be nice if the Razorback came with a separate rudder too.

Good morning Cookenbacher

Thank you , I agree with you it would be a good idea to have a separate rudder ..

It would be nice if the price ot the Razorback was the same as the Bubbletop ...

Patrice