Amodel 1/72 BAe Jetstream 32

Ragtag

Hi all,

just curious whether any other members have attempted this kit yet. I've been musing over whether to fit the glazing before or after closing up the fuselage, but the fit of the windows is a little...interesting...to say the least. Has anyone had any joy fitting the clear plastic windows, or is it a filler and decal job?

Regards,

Stu

Edited by Ragtag

Hi Stu

I am in the early stages of building the Amodel Jetstream 31 myself. The Jetstream 21 and 32 kits are identical except for the markings. I am now at the stage where the two fuselage halves are about to be joined together. After trying to work out a good method to add the clear fuselage windows, I gave up and simply glued them in followed by puttying over the depressions/flaws. I am now going to go for the decal window option, at least for the cabin windows. The fit of the clear cabin windows in each opening was really poor and I could not see a way to make this look decent. An option might be to skip the kit clear windows and use a clear PVA glue to simulate the glass but I went the easy route. As of now, I am still hoping to use the clear cockpit section rather than cockpit window decals. Hope this helps!

Have fun modeling

Mike

Hi Mike,

good luck! I had a hell of a job getting the fuselage together - the cockpit interior almost seemed too wide, forcing the nose apart, even after filing it back to the floor profile provided. The clear parts on mine seem to be too large for the apertures so I may try filing down the glazing first. Failing that I'll probably dig out the Glue'n'Glaze, and if that fails it'll be decals. :)

If it's any consolation though, the cockpit section looks to be a near-perfect fit.

Stu

Edited by Ragtag

Hi all,

Another solutions for the fuselage windows is to use a clear resin. Just be

sure to find one that dries rock hard, so you can polish the windows after.

You just put a few stripes of Scotch Magic tape on the outside to cover the

windows. Be sure not to toutch the stripe that goes to the fuselage, or you

will get fingerprints in the windows. Then keep the fuselage halfs level and pour

the mixed resin in the windows from the inside and let it dry, then remove the tape.

I did this on my last DHC-3 Otter with a very good result.

The windows on the Jetstream are a pain to masks, that's why I have included masks with

my Jetstream decals.

Happy modelling,

Ruben

www.lndecals.com

• Like 1