Short-184 (Robey build) T.C.Models 1/48

Sergey

An interesting thought....personally I'd prefer to have the wings fixed, and therefore safe from accidental damage - they're pretty delicate in 1:72, and with the extra weight of resin in 1:48 I'd be a little worried that the hinge would come detached.

Ian

I think even hinges for glasses would look toy like. To my mind, for the model to look realistic, you have to decide whether to have the wings spread or folded.

Martin

Edit: Having thought about this some more, I think I would accept the storage problem for this particular build and show the model with wings spread as the huge wingspan was a distinctive feature of the type.

• 2 weeks later...

TC, and I used to live about a kilometer apart and at one time we worked together. AlI know he put a lot of effort into getting this kit to market. So any shortcomings be there any, are due to local conditions. heat, altitude and himidity.We were both passionate about getting somethinfg into the wider market. This kit I belive was one of TC's better efforts. so take it and run with it, It may be a long, long time before we see it in an injected form kit...

Colin

Hi Colin .

I bought 2 models, the first set early Short-184, with a torpedo, and a second later Short-184 with a machine gun in the rear cockpit, it was a late model I do, it is suitable during the Civil War in Russia 1918-1920. If anyone is interested in the early Short-184 I can sell .

• 2 weeks later...

Plan B.

I fixed a hole in the fuselage.

1457872618-image.jpg

I made a metal sleeve of the medical needle.

1457873126-image.jpg 1457873338-image.jpg

I made out of the same axis of the needle, which will account for the bulk load of the wings.

1457873548-image.jpg 1457873888-image.jpg 1457874031-image.jpg

I'm not sure I follow where you're going here....how are you going to mount the wings if the hinge point is under the fuselage? The hinge should be exiting the side....or do you still have to add the wing centre section under the fuselage which will allow for the hinge to be mounted in the fuselage.....

Ian

Anybody can say, what is needed rectangular part with two large holes ?

~twYEFOFM.jpg

Fuselage sits on top of this block (in the recess on top of this photo), and it's used as a jig to set the spacing of the floats. The holes simply reduce the amount of resin used to cast the part.