1/72 - Yakovlev Yak-1 & Yak-1b by Brengun - Yak-1 & Yak-1b released - new Yak-1b boxing

Homebee

No doubt I'll buy one, if only for research whilst doing my inevitable book on Yakovlev fighters (having done a book on the Lavochkin fighters, a book on the Yakovlev fighters really is inevitable). However, I suppose I need to finish my big-gun Yak-9s first (Yak-9T with the 37-mm cannon and the Yak-9K with the 45-mm cannon). I can see that I'll probably be buying a lot of Yak fighters in the not-too-distant future. John, I suspect you're excited about this release (he writes with a great deal of understatement).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Thanks for the notification, VP! I've got one of each on order direct from Brengun as of right this minute! Now I'll wait to see if any of the online shops come up with a better price before I order more of them. And I'm sure I will order more of them! :yahoo:

John

• 2 weeks later...

Bitter irony - after all the wailing I did (including pestering Brengun for regular updates) over these kits, now that mine are in transit, it seems there's a good possibility Canada Post will go on strike before I receive them! :banghead:

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That looks quite nice! A bit of flash, but nothing that us VVS modellers can't handle (and aren't used to). We're a rather tough lot, us Soviet aircraft modellers.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

Yes, Steve, the plastic is the same in both. The only significant difference between the 1941 and the 1942 versions, besides markings of course, is the canopy; both kits include both canopies. But don't let your perception of "need" hold you back - you can never have enough Yaks! :thumbsup:

John

• Like 1

Thanks John, looks like I might "need" one of each. I reckon these would be the way to go rather than grafting away at that old ZTS kit like you have been, masochism isn't my thing if I can avoid it. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Image may contain: airplane, sky and outdoor

Hmmm - I like it! I like it a lot - it'll save me the trouble of adapting the skis from the Amodel Yak-1. Now if Brengun would please release a Yak-1b, with corrected cowling width, I'd be very, very happy! :thumbsup:

John

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:26 AM, Learstang said:

That looks quite nice! A bit of flash, but nothing that us VVS modellers can't handle (and aren't used to). We're a rather tough lot, us Soviet aircraft modellers.

Regards,

Jason

Having built LTD's Yak-9 and the 1980s vintage Hobby/Modelist kit of the BI-1 when I was about 15 or 16...I'll second that.

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kuro Nezumi said:

Those skis make the Yak look so cute! The resin rockets look attractive as well! Might have to nab one.

Not sure I'd call a Yak-1 "cute", especially one armed with those RS-82 rockets, more like "purposeful" or "dangerous", but I do agree with your thinking - I can see myself buying at least a couple of theseI

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPAD64 said:

Can we hope a yak-1b?

I know I certainly do, but Brengun haven't responded either way to a couple of messages I've sent asking that question. Judging from a post elsewhere on this forum which states that their next release will be a North American A-36, I suspect they've moved on to other things besides Yak fighters, but I'd be very happy to be wrong!

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...