Space 1999 Medical Rescue Eagle Transporter

Good job on a pretty ropey kit :) Nice to see you made the effort to cut out the framework, put some detail inside the framwork and fix up the legs.

Sadly the beak and spine shape issues are very tough to fix, but I think you made the best out of this.

I've got two of them in the stash and one of these days I want to build one "out of the box" and the other with aas many fixes to the problems as possible. I've got the paragrafix brass set for that as well. I've also got a Warp Eagle in the stash but the white metal castings on that are so awful i can't face it!

Then again, this weekend I started the new Round2/MPC 22" Eagle so that will be my Eagle fix for now ;)

• Like 1

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

I had one of these as a kid. Great fun to build, add detail and paint - although I never had the patience or tools to cut out all spaces in the framework. I did upgrade the landing gear though, with working suspension, using metal rods for the support struts and the springs from retractable ballpoint pens. My cousin built one similarly 'improved' and went even further by scratching a working release mechanism for the cargo pod, and placing the cockpit windows with semi-transparent plastic and adding internal lighting. I think my Eagle was destroyed in a dog fight with a Cylon Raider.

Badder.

• Like 1

Good job on a pretty ropey kit :) Nice to see you made the effort to cut out the framework, put some detail inside the framwork and fix up the legs.

Sadly the beak and spine shape issues are very tough to fix, but I think you made the best out of this.

I've got two of them in the stash and one of these days I want to build one "out of the box" and the other with aas many fixes to the problems as possible. I've got the paragrafix brass set for that as well. I've also got a Warp Eagle in the stash but the white metal castings on that are so awful i can't face it!

Then again, this weekend I started the new Round2/MPC 22" Eagle so that will be my Eagle fix for now ;)

Thanks for your comments. I'de like to have another go at this kit to do the VIP version...which I have never seen before. I bit bullet and purchased the 22" version too. Not cheap, but I don't often indulge in kits of this league. Look forward to what you do with yours.

good spotting Nigel. Yes they are. I saw them used in another build, not accurate, but they add some nice detail.

Clever thinking - it's amazing what you can find to add and which looks just right.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People don't think of the old kit too much now that the 22" is out, but this shows that a cracking good model can be done from it if you put in the effort. Very nice job and I love the added details.

• Like 1