Looking To Start A New Project

Good afternoon guys.

Not done anything for a few years now and looking to get back into builing a new ship but im stuck on which one to do. Last one i done was the HMS Illustrious which sadly died after a misplaced foot stood on it.

I have 4 options, im looking for feedback really from anyone who may have done these or are currently doing any of them.

USS Enterprise 1:350

USS Nimitz 1:350

USS Kitty Hawk 1:350

HMS Illustrious 1:350

Bearing in mind the hardest one ive ever done is the HMS Illustrious so im really undecided on wether to take the risk on the expensive ones.

If anyone has any feedback or experience doing the first 3 it would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Edited by Philip Crane

I think I would replace that dead Illustrious, you know you can manage that one so it would be a good way of easing yourself back into things.

Martin

• Like 1

A bit ironic Philip, I have both Airfix Sea Harrier and GR.3 in 1:24 but am looking to get one of the first three in your list; however, I also have the same tight budget constraints as you. Small world

Mike

I'd plump for the Nimitz. I'm looking at building in my Kitty Hawk, but have recently learned that Mk1 Designs are due to release an update set for it, so am holding off, they are also doing a separate set to detail the bare hanger.

Now there speaks the voice of experience, if Dave hasn't already built it then it's in his stash waiting for the next available space on his modelling table! I would agree with him and get the Nimitz if you can. They are expensive but they are also much bigger than standard kits and usually take a lot longer to build. If you were to break the cost down, to however many weeks/months you take to build it, then it could actually work out quite comparable to a number of smaller kits bought and built over the same period.

Mike