Revell 1.144 ISS. Variations in editions?

Wonderer

Hi all

I am just about to start a 1.144 shuttle and booster kit but yesterday I managed to snap up on eBay the Revell 1.144 International space station for £25!!

I have been trying to find out details of the kit all day but I cant seem to find info regarding if there are any differences between kits. As I understand it the original was produced in 2000 with a reissue in 2011 which I believe was numbered 04841 which is the one I purchased. There is also a version in which the box states "Limited edition". So I am a bit confused. I have read that the one with the number 04841 on the box was the re released version, is that correct? If so what differences, if any, are there to the original produced in 2000 and what is different with the limited edition version?

Or have I read wrong and the 04841 version is the original with the limited edition version being the 2011 reissue?

Any help would be much apreciated.

Edited by Wonderer

We did a review of this kit here in 2010; however, possibly the best place to go to find out about a kits origins and re-issues is Scalemates. You can also find reviews on both the standard and limited editions as well as timelines of issues and re-issues. I couldn't see any real difference between the 2000, 2010 and the limited editions though.

Mike

Hi,

Good catch for £25, I have both releases the only difference I am aware of is the decals, they are improved in 2011 version, although the original release were not bad decals

It is a great space kit, it is a missed opportunity that Revell could have re-issued with changes to reflect the modifications to the design of the real life ISS. The retail price is very good, when you consider how much plastic and metal is in the box

Paul