Group Build Vote 2017 Chat

Come on Enzo, it's Saturday already here and the poll is not open yet!! :D 

This will not be an easy vote for sure!! So many really good subjects to choose from..........this is going to be sooooo hard, glad we have 4 weeks to think about it.

I have this sinking feeling I'm up for a minimum of 8 GB's for next year......though I suspect it'll actually be in the double figures!! :wall: Plus i have a couple of Whiff's on the side I really need to finish as well......guess I need to give up work!! :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Unofficially, I think the positions are ...

Pos'n Group Build Votes
1 Flying Boats and Float Planes 73
2 Made In Britain - The Sequel 70
3 Dassault Mirage 69
 =4 70s NATO v Warsaw Pact 68
 =4 Matchbox II 68
6 De Havilland 67
 =7 From Russia with Love 65
 =7 Radial Engines Rock 65

Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers

10 Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command 61
11 Nightfighter II 53
12 Dawn of the Jet Age 51
13 Nordic countries 49
14 Big Screen, Little Screen 43
15 What If IV 40
16 "Winkle" Brown's Aircraft 35
 =17 Nose art 33
 =17 Spanish Civil War 33
 =19 Non-injection Moulded II - Return of the Blob 32
 =19 Silver and Gold - NMF 32
21 South East Asian Campaign of WW2 31
22 ANZAC 29
23 The Duel 28
24 Afghanistan 25
25 Racing 22

• Like 3

Thanks Robert. It's good to see a summary like that :thumbsup2: :) .

Very happy that number 9 made it on a personal level. Just managed to hang on in there.

Lots of draws, even right at the end.

10-25 are all great subjects. All credit to the BM hive mind for such great ideas.

All the best

TonyT

Final confirmed scores

1    Flying Boats and Float Planes    73
2    Made In Britain - The Sequel    70
3    Dassault Mirage    69
4    70s NATO v Warsaw Pact    68
5    Matchbox    68
6    De Havilland    67
7    From Russia with Love    65
8    Radial Engines Rock    65
9    Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers    63

Can all GB hosts please PM me with suggestions as to dates. 

• Like 3

Dates for all the GBs have been provisionally assigned.  Can all GB hosts please get back to me to confirm.

It seemed that no one wanted to take the first slot, starting on 31 December this year... :)    So I have rejigged things.  The first GB for 2018 will start on the 4th Feb,

20 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Dates for all the GBs have been provisionally assigned.  Can all GB hosts please get back to me to confirm.

It seemed that no one wanted to take the first slot, starting on 31 December this year... :)    So I have rejigged things.  The first GB for 2018 will start on the 4th Feb,

Hi Enzo,

PM just sent, agreeing on your proposed dates.

Cheers

Jaime

An announcement to the BM Massive...

The 2017 Group Builds calendar is here

There is a very broad range of subjects for next year. I'm sure that you'll find something to catch your interest.

We are aware of a couple of minor issues, which couldn't be helped.  I'm hoping that they don't detract from anyone's enjoyment.

For instance, the Mosquito STGB overlaps the De Havilland GB.  That's easy to sort out...  don't build a Mossie in the DH GB. :)

The 70s NATO v WarPac GB overlaps for four weeks with the From Russia With Love GB.  So don't build something from the 70s in the latter one..

The From Russia With Love GB also overlaps slightly with the Fulcrum STGB.  Again, couldn't be helped.  If we moved the Russia GB to later in the year it would overlap the Flanker GB! :wall:

But that's the calendar for better or worse. :)   I hope you all have a fun (and probably busy) 2017. 

• Like 6

As like most years many GB's and STGB's I would love to enter. With a house move hopefully before Christmas and our second little one due late Feb/ early March I can see most of 2017 being written off modelling wise. Roll on 2018 and the return of the bench.:rolleyes:

hmmm ask me in another couple of hours if the calendar has made my life better or worse, I have a feeling it'll be the later!!

I think most of my spare time next year will be in my modelling dungeon!  One of these days I'll learn to say no to GB's!!

On 29 november 2016 at 10:42 PM, trickyrich said:

hmmm ask me in another couple of hours if the calendar has made my life better or worse, I have a feeling it'll be the later!!

I think most of my spare time next year will be in my modelling dungeon!  One of these days I'll learn to say no to GB's!!

welcome to the club. I have got 17 GB's next year. I hope I see my wife next year.:D

Cheers,

Are there any GB's you haven't signed up for????  I could have added a few more to the list but I'm REALLY trying to be good plus I have some other projects that I really should as well complete (6 I think!)!!!!!

1 minute ago, trickyrich said:

Are there any GB's you haven't signed up for????  I could have added a few more to the list but I'm REALLY trying to be good plus I have some other projects that I really should as well complete (6 I think!)!!!!!

The only one I didn't sign up for is the Mig 29 GB.:lol:

Cheers,

Just now, Arniec said:

The only one I didn't sign up for is the Mig 29 GB.:lol:

Cheers,

Shame on you!!!  :nono:  That was one of my "must do" GB's. Going to build a Slovakian MiG-29AS in the Digital camouflage with full AM stuff. Though I have found that one of these aircraft was done up in a Tiger Meet scheme (2010 I think). Unfortunately no one yet does a set of decals for it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Shame on you!!!  :nono:  That was one of my "must do" GB's. Going to build a Slovakian MiG-29AS in the Digital camouflage with full AM stuff. Though I have found that one of these aircraft was done up in a Tiger Meet scheme (2010 I think). Unfortunately no one yet does a set of decals for it!

well I found this one from 2011, but it's a UB version?! 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/546975-kopro-91164-mig-29ub-fulcrum-1303-slovak-a-f-tiger

or this one?! http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Decals/KoPro/91060_MiG-29AS_digital.html

edit. found this one as well. https://www.aviationmegastore.com/mikoyan-mig29-fulcrum-6829---slovak-tiger-2002-48-046-syhart-decal-syhart48-046-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&art=114946

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

thanks for that, but it's not quite what I'm after, I have the Academy Slovak MiG-29AS with the Digital camo, so all I really need is the tail motif....unless they changed the scheme.

This is the beastie I would have have to have done!

mig29as-0921-slovak-air-force-sqf-sliac-

• Like 2

Hmm, as I know you have got a new quality airbrush. You can always try to replicate it by free hand?!?!:D:rofl:

I would like to see that. You can always try to get a decal out of this picture, but then you need another one for the other side as well?!

Good luck with your find.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

gosh I wish I was that good!!

I'd live to do this one in Tiger meet scheme. I'm doing a Mirage 2000 inTiger meet colours, plus I have an Czech Airforce JSA-39 Gripen to do in one as will. I have a feeling this may be the start of a new build theme!

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gosh I wish I was that good!!

I'd live to do this one in Tiger meet scheme. I'm doing a Mirage 2000 inTiger meet colours, plus I have an Czech Airforce JSA-39 Gripen to do in one as will. I have a feeling this may be the start of a new build theme!

Were you also planning the Dutch F-16 in Orange with the lion on top?!

http://syhartdecal.fr/references.php?lang=ENG&ref=Syhart 055&page=description

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

Were you also planning the Dutch F-16 in Orange with the lion on top?!

http://syhartdecal.fr/references.php?lang=ENG&ref=Syhart 055&page=description

Cheers,

I had until I saw the Polish one!

Now there's a sort of spanner in the works with that build, my F-16 is not really suitable for a Polish one, so it looks like I need to buy another F-16 and more extras! :wall:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

As I am in almost all the GB's for this Year. I have to notice you guys that I don't know if I will/can attend them.

I have just heard this weekend from my wife that she wants a devorce. :( So I will have to put my spare time in other projects.

It has nothing to do with the hobby, so now you all know.

I still hope to do some modelling in the first couple of months, but after that I don't know what will happen. 

As I am the Host for the Matchbox GB I don't know if I will be able to do that, but I don't think that that is a problem.

I hope that in going months it will become all clearer.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

I´m very sorry to read this, Arnold. Life can be a bitch, and sometimes it just sucks. Anyway, raise your head and take a good look around you. You´re not alone. Not without your online modelling buddies. With people that have been through all that crap you now seem to be facing, but they all have made it. Just like you will. I´m not saying it doesn´t hurt - it should do - but in the end there´s an even stronger Arnold emerging from this process. By the time the Matchbox GB begins, which we´ll be hosting together, there´ll be another look on your face. I´m sure of it. And if there´s anything else we can do to help you, just ask. You deserve that.

Best regards, V-P

• Like 2